PDA

View Full Version : Forum Updates for 2016 - What changes would you like to see?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mike Phillips
01-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Forum Updates for 2016 - What changes would you like to see?

We're looking at making some new changes and improvements to the AGO forum for 2016 and we would like to hear from you our forum members.

If you could make a wish list of changes and improvements to this forum what would your wish list look like?

This is your chance to let your opinion be heard so go for it!

:dblthumb2:

Angus
01-05-2016, 08:29 AM
The ability to:

Like posts
Give Thanks for a post
Follow other forum members
Expand the Edit window on users own post Beyond 30mins
Increase the size of the users mailbox

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-05-2016, 08:32 AM
The ability to:
Like posts
Give Thanks for a post

:iagree:

Setec Astronomy
01-05-2016, 08:36 AM
To follow Angus on a couple of those, I understand why forums like to have a short edit window, but it is embarrassing to see a dumb typo the next day that you can't fix.

I'd say my number one request would be a larger PM mailbox. Other than that I think everything is fine the way it is...can you tell this is my favorite forum?

Mike Phillips
01-05-2016, 08:40 AM
:iagree:

Don't just "agree" Mike.... let's hear your suggestions for changes....

Feed back please

Mike Phillips
01-05-2016, 08:43 AM
To follow Angus on a couple of those, I understand why forums like to have a short edit window, but it is embarrassing to see a dumb typo the next day that you can't fix.

I agree Mike. The reason for the short window of time for editing a post goes back to 2009 when we had a few bad apples on the forum. Now that they are gone I've already increased the time limit to an hour and we're open to suggestions like the title of this thread states.

:xyxthumbs:

david b
01-05-2016, 08:46 AM
How about an easier way to post pictures? The current 16 step process, salt over the shoulder, click your heels like Dorothy, etc just isn't working for me - literally. Could be user error too - don't rule that out :)

A post without pics isn't much of a post IMO.

Ricorocks
01-05-2016, 09:12 AM
A permanent "Poll" place to vote & view results, by the reader:
This feature is most likely in your forum software

FinishingTouchA
01-05-2016, 09:19 AM
I would like to see regional sections as Autopia has, but much more active.
I'd like to see the "how to make money" section grow, when I started my company that was my #1 resource but now I see a lack of organization (due to users).. everything seems to go into "Detailing 101" or "The Water Cooler." It would be great, I think, if professional detailers could talk about the differences between AG products and different brands of production quality products (PRO, Car Brite, Auto Magic, etc). I also would like to see more discussion on marketing and business management.
Like everyone else, I would like a larger mailbox.
I find the picture uploading process to be buggy and complicated. Maybe it's because I use a DSLR but it never works for me, and lately the upload page wont even load. I've just resorted to cell phone pics and using tapatalk.
I'm glad there isn't an AG Facebook group because I've seen the damage that has done to so many other forums. The beauty of a forum is the organization and ability to search old topics and quality comments. I love the quick responses you get on FB but it's not worth the trade off, especially with a great forum like AGO.
Overall my biggest gripes are the picture uploading process and lack of user organization (I know it takes a lot of time but maybe we could get the mods to move posts around to the correct categories, I see a lot of posts in random categories that should be in a Brand category or How to Make Money Detailing, etc)

Here's to making 2016 the best year yet! :dblthumb2:Im the MAN

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Don't just "agree" Mike.... let's hear your suggestions for changes....

Feed back please

Honestly I am overly happy with the way this forum operates and the way it displays. Not to mention the upgraded avatar size. (which I have not gotten too yet.)

The first thing that popped in my head when I saw the thread was the first three things mentioned by Ian. That's why I simply agreed.

I understand the time limit in place and think its a good idea not to extend it past the current 60 minute window.

Either way, Im happy to be at home here.

buffdoubt
01-05-2016, 10:01 AM
I'm pretty new here, having only been around since the middle of '15. One thing I would like to see changed would be the amount of posts allowed per page. I'm always on here on my phone and it seems like Im always going to the next page in a matter of seconds. Maybe double it to 20 posts per page?

Setec Astronomy
01-05-2016, 10:14 AM
One thing I would like to see changed would be the amount of posts allowed per page. I'm always on here on my phone and it seems like Im always going to the next page in a matter of seconds. Maybe double it to 20 posts per page?

That's a setting that you have control over. Go to User Control Panel (User CP), Edit Options, go down to Thread Display Options, and you can change it from the Forum Default to 15, 20, 30 or 40.

RaskyR1
01-05-2016, 10:43 AM
The ability to:

Like posts
Give Thanks for a post

I liked this post! :D

sharpcanoe
01-05-2016, 11:10 AM
I am fairly new here but would like to find some way to contact detailers close to me to possibly have as mentors/contacts etc. maybe there is a place on the site already (instead of looking at each profile individually). Is there a quick way to see what region/state/territory other members are in as it would be easier to contact fellow detailers and stay connected with the detailing community as a whole? Just a thought. TY

buffdoubt
01-05-2016, 11:44 AM
That's a setting that you have control over. Go to User Control Panel (User CP), Edit Options, go down to Thread Display Options, and you can change it from the Forum Default to 15, 20, 30 or 40.

Thanks man! Didn't know that