PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys feel about car covers?

98LowRanger
01-04-2016, 08:50 PM
I just finished an extensive detail (2 step correction, coated, etc.) on a 2015 Miata. It is garage kept and not the owners daily driver. Due to the mild winters that we typically get in NC, he plans to take it out maybe once a week on nice days during the winter months. He was wanting to keep the finish as perfect as it is now, but was thinking about using a car cover during the winter months to keep the dust off of it. I am unsure about the make/quality of the cover. What do you guys think about them? Do they tend to cause more harm then good removing and reinstalling on a vehicle?

Coopers ST
01-04-2016, 09:35 PM
If the car and cover are clean no issues, but once he drives the car putting the cover back on is a no no if he is concerned with swirls.

ajack6292
01-04-2016, 09:39 PM
I have to park outside, under a tree that seems to be home to most malicious birds in Virginia. Car cover necessary for my sanity. I might end up with swirls, but I'm willing to live with it. If I had a garage, though, and my only worry was dust, I'm not so sure. Two cents.

98LowRanger
01-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Thanks guys.

GSKR
01-06-2016, 03:22 PM
I just finished an extensive detail (2 step correction, coated, etc.) on a 2015 Miata. It is garage kept and not the owners daily driver. Due to the mild winters that we typically get in NC, he plans to take it out maybe once a week on nice days during the winter months. He was wanting to keep the finish as perfect as it is now, but was thinking about using a car cover during the winter months to keep the dust off of it. I am unsure about the make/quality of the cover. What do you guys think about them? Do they tend to cause more harm then good removing and reinstalling on a vehicle?Bed sheets would work,over time certain covers marr up the finish a little.