PDA

View Full Version : Containers for microfiber towels.

Coopers ST
01-03-2016, 11:56 PM
Once you have purchased your good MF towels, how do you store them? Do you keep them in Rubbermaid containers? Or something different? Thinking I need something different than just on the shelf, but not sure even what size to get.

Rmd
01-04-2016, 12:04 AM
Rubbermaid type totes are great. I use them in the garage, but my garage space is limited, so I also have a bunch in nylon duffle bags in the house, sorted by purpose (interior, polish removal, LSP use, general purpose). That way I can bring out a duffel of what I'll need based on what task I'm doing.

wrx495
01-04-2016, 12:53 AM
similar to what RMD said above ^ i don't have a garage or anything and limited space in the apartment so containers are kind of hard, actually most of my detailing supples (excluding polisher , polishes, waxes) lives in my trunk. ex - glass cleaner, waterless wash, spray bottles, and all the towels are in those nylon small gym sacks companies hand out at events. had like a bunch laying around so i have my towels all in there, and then another for all the dirty towels so i don't have to walk into my apartment everytime i use one of the towels

mc2hill
01-04-2016, 10:36 AM
I like the Sterilite ClearView 15 quart totes. They hold lots of towels, stack easy, and at 2 totes high, fit under the bed cover in my truck.
http://scene7.targetimg1.com/is/image/Target/14757120?wid=180&hei=180

boomdone
01-04-2016, 10:47 AM
I've just resorted to simply taking white trash bags and writing 'clean' or 'dirty' on them with a magic marker. Not fancy, but works.

Ricorocks
01-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Folded on a shelf (one fold), stacked by type, covered with a large plastic sheet, trimmed to fit, lite object on top keeps plastic from blowing off.

whavens
01-04-2016, 12:21 PM
I use Husky containers similar to the Sterilites. I use the smaller version for my pads. I do have one heavy duty Rubbermaid tote with new spare towels and pads.

shagnat
01-05-2016, 12:14 AM
If the plastic (hard) containers are not reasonable, then, as boomdone stated, just plastic trash bags work. Just need to replace them occasionally as they do tear easily.

FUNX650
01-05-2016, 09:15 AM
http://www.containerstore.com/locations/index.htm?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Search&utm_campaign=Sitelinks&gclid=CNLDgt_rksoCFYUWHwodw54CPQ

They carry just about every size/shape of
plastic containers/lids ever devised.

Bob

Paul A.
01-05-2016, 11:35 AM
The wife just bought new sheet sets for the kids and they were packed in clear plastic zippered rectangular pouches. I stole them immediately and have my prime towels neatly folded and in them and THEN placed in my large plastic tupperware type totes with lids.

My MF's are nestled better than my kids!

tony58
01-05-2016, 12:21 PM
To start, I can have a mouse problem.So I can't use plastic bags or cloth bags.So I've picked up several old metal and hard plastic coolers.I've found these at yard sells for at penny's on the dollar.Great storage,no mouse problem...

mbkite
01-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Daughter has a cat she buys litter in plastic box with foldable lid.
She saves them 4 me when she is done.. I wash em all up Bingo like the dog I am store the towels and pads

pheerix
01-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Daughter has a cat she buys litter in plastic box with foldable lid.
She saves them 4 me when she is done.. I wash em all up Bingo like the dog I am store the towels and pads

For a second I thought you were using the used car litter box and not the container the clean litter came in.