PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Coating

AZpolisher15
01-03-2016, 03:22 AM
This is from the product page- "BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat is the best paint coating for a daily driver."

Why is this the best coating for a daily driver?

Desertnate
01-04-2016, 09:40 AM
If you look into a recent thread on the new Wolfgang coating, Nick goes into a little detail about the Black Label, Wolfgang, and Blackfire coatings. In it he mentions it goes on thicker than the others and should last longer.

Chemistry aside, I coated my daughter's car with product as she was headed off to her fall semester of college. Both her campus and apartment site in areas with lots of construction and dust. Despite the environment and only being washed twice since product application, the car looks better than any wax/sealant I've applied in the past, and it always looks clean. Dirt doesn't really seem to stick to the surface and a good hard rain will wash it clean with little to no water spotting. I've been very impressed.

expdetailing
01-04-2016, 11:39 AM
If you look into a recent thread on the new Wolfgang coating, Nick goes into a little detail about the Black Label, Wolfgang, and Blackfire coatings. In it he mentions it goes on thicker than the others and should last longer.

Chemistry aside, I coated my daughter's car with product as she was headed off to her fall semester of college. Both her campus and apartment site in areas with lots of construction and dust. Despite the environment and only being washed twice since product application, the car looks better than any wax/sealant I've applied in the past, and it always looks clean. Dirt doesn't really seem to stick to the surface and a good hard rain will wash it clean with little to no water spotting. I've been very impressed.

Wow, my one coat of Gloss Coat doesn't even come close to doing that. The statement some people are making regarding coats is that when it rains, the car appears as if it was washed. Now, are these people exaggerating or are they accurate? I mean, after it rains it probably does look cleaner, but if we did the finger swipe test what would really be revealed?

Desertnate
01-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Wow, my one coat of Gloss Coat doesn't even come close to doing that. The statement some people are making regarding coats is that when it rains, the car appears as if it was washed. Now, are these people exaggerating or are they accurate? I mean, after it rains it probably does look cleaner, but if we did the finger swipe test what would really be revealed?

I'm sure under bright lights a finger swipe would reveal a layer of grime. The suppressed beading on the roof reflects presence of dirt. Rain will never equal a good hand wash. However, looking at the car as it sits the amount of dirt is far less and the shine is much better than when I used Klasse SG or 845 on the car. My car with 845 doesn't get as clean after going through a touchless wash.

Under the same conditions last year the car looked dirty and dull with obvious grime. This year is a totally different story. This was my first experience with a coating and it blows away any wax or sealant I've used in the past.

AZpolisher15
04-03-2016, 11:27 PM
I'm sure under bright lights a finger swipe would reveal a layer of grime. The suppressed beading on the roof reflects presence of dirt. Rain will never equal a good hand wash. However, looking at the car as it sits the amount of dirt is far less and the shine is much better than when I used Klasse SG or 845 on the car. My car with 845 doesn't get as clean after going through a touchless wash.

Under the same conditions last year the car looked dirty and dull with obvious grime. This year is a totally different story. This was my first experience with a coating and it blows away any wax or sealant I've used in the past.
Which coating did you use?

The Guz
04-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Be sure to read the thread about those having difficulties applying Blackfire coating. I suspect some Blackfire products are in for a revamp considering all the Blackfire products in the mystery products and the sales earlier this year.

PBL and Gloss Coat are easy to apply. McKee's 37 might be another to look into. Similar to PBL other than longevity with PBL being 3 years and McKee's being 2.

Desertnate
04-04-2016, 07:47 AM
Which coating did you use?

It was the Blackfire Coating. As The Guz mentioned, please read up on some of the other threads about this product. My experience applying the product has lead me to look elsewhere the next time I decide to try a coating.