PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys deal with rainy weather?

Pages : [1] 2

Eldorado2k
01-02-2016, 12:10 AM
How do you guys deal with upcoming rainy weather after performing maintenance washes for customers?

It's the weekend, weather looks good at the moment and I'd love to be busy tomorrow, but there's rain on the forcast starting Monday.. What do you guys do in this situation? Do you go ahead and wash cars and not worry about future weather? Do you offer a weather guarantee and come back and perform a quik rinseless wash the day after it's rained?

I guess my question is, should I feel guilty?

JamMaster Jay
01-02-2016, 02:25 AM
Maybe offer them a rain check, you can do a rinseless for $15 or something. I wouldn't feel guilty

Eldorado2k
01-02-2016, 05:07 AM
Wow great... It's only been a few hours and now the forecast says it's going to rain Sat, Sun, and pretty much the whole week. How can the weather be this unpredictable??

silverfox
01-02-2016, 06:29 AM
If you have a reputable coating on the paint...you welcome the rain.

Eldorado2k
01-02-2016, 06:53 AM
If you have a reputable coating on the paint...you welcome the rain.

What about the windows, wheels & tires?

wytstang
01-02-2016, 07:10 AM
You are not responsible for the weather, it's up to the customer to check the weather and make up their own minds what they want or don't want done. If I see it's going to rain all week I'm not cleaning jack.

Eldorado2k
01-02-2016, 07:27 AM
You are not responsible for the weather, it's up to the customer to check the weather and make up their own minds what they want or don't want done. If I see it's going to rain all week I'm not cleaning jack.

Yea I hear you, only thing is I have a few people in mind for tomorrow but I'd be offering my services. I wouldn't want it to end up on a sour note if their car only looks good for 2 days then it rains all week.

More importantly, I'm real excited to do a full detail wash, clay & wax [no compound or polishing] for a neighbor who asked me about his car earlier this week.. As you know it's always best to jump on an opportunity the sooner the better. I'm debating whether to do it today w/the promise to wash it for free after this weeks rain. I have no problem doing so for that car, but I'm not sure how the customer would feel about it.

Eldorado2k
01-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Btw, it's not going to rain today afterall... This forecast can't seem to make up its mind. Lol.

wytstang
01-02-2016, 08:22 AM
If you feel like working for free then offer it up

Mantilgh
01-02-2016, 08:54 AM
I think if they were concerned they would call you and try to reschedule.

I would be a little concerned about how the tire dressing would look if you using a water based one, and would avoid any LSP that has a long cure time.

7PaintGuns
01-02-2016, 09:37 AM
The longer surface contaminants rest on the paint of your customers cars the more damage it can do in the long run. If you wash a customer's vehicle and it is going to rain the following day or even 15 minutes after it has been washed you have still removed damage causing contaminants from the vehicle. Just as wytstang said, it's up to the customer when they want their vehicle washed. You don't control the weather and neither does the weatherman. I don't care what a customer wants as long as they're paying for it. If you want your car washed during a blizzard in the middle of a sandstorm, as long as you're paying for it, I'll do it! Lol

FUNX650
01-02-2016, 11:10 AM
RE: How do you guys deal with rainy weather?

Since 1952...I can be found:
"Singing in the Rain"

Best regards,

Gene Kelly

Eldorado2k
01-02-2016, 01:07 PM
I just spoke to my neighbor and we agreed on the job. I checked out the interior and other than the matts, which shouldn't be a problem, it's not too bad at all. It's a 2012 Chrysler 300.

We're set for next weekend, barring more rain..
Yes! He's happy I went and spoke with him, and I'm happy we agreed on the job!😊

FinishingTouchA
01-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Wow great... It's only been a few hours and now the forecast says it's going to rain Sat, Sun, and pretty much the whole week. How can the weather be this unpredictable??

Hahaha, unpredictable... try oregon ;) Getting all 4 seasons in 1 day is not uncommon here. Snow in April.. pouring rain then sunny and 75 10 minutes later... Sunshine and hail... 180 days of rain a year... 20 degrees and clear skies then 50 degrees and rain the next day... we get it all haha.
Oh no, it's going to rain for 3 days straight? You'll get through it, I promise :xyxthumbs:

Eldorado2k
01-02-2016, 04:28 PM
My goodness.. Now it's saying it's going to rain throughout next weekend. What the heck! It wasn't like that 2hrs. ago. This is crazy😐lol