PDA

View Full Version : Dp paint coating

fejcharson
01-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Is the DP paint coating good? I'm thinking about getting it with the bogo. If I get it done in need their polish or can I use m205 and a 11% ipa that I made? Thanks for the help.

runrun411
01-01-2016, 11:07 PM
I once tried it on my son's car and used Eraser for an IPA. It didn't play well with Eraser. I would recommend also purchasing the DP paint prep as well.

willowcat11
01-02-2016, 03:22 AM
Guys, I don't mean to redirect at all, but I noticed you both mention using an IPA. Do you mean a Isopropyl Alcohol solution?

I still pretty new at this and didn't know you could use that on paint.

Is this to make totally sure your paint is completely cleaned before you lay down the coating?

This DP coating does sound like a really cool product!

Have a good one to you both!

Ray

FinishingTouchA
01-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Guys, I don't mean to redirect at all, but I noticed you both mention using an IPA. Do you mean a Isopropyl Alcohol solution?

I still pretty new at this and didn't know you could use that on paint.

Is this to make totally sure your paint is completely cleaned before you lay down the coating?

This DP coating does sound like a really cool product!

Have a good one to you both!

Ray

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31183-how-mix-ipa-inspecting-correction-results.html
:xyxthumbs:

98LowRanger
01-02-2016, 08:22 AM
I was also curious what people thought about the DP paint coating as I also took advantage of the BOGO deal and picked some up. Hard to pass up 8 ounces of a coating for $50! In my mind the spray bottle suggest that you need to apply more than a typical high end coating which are nearly always packaged in a syringe or bottle with a dropper. But I like the DP brand and the quality of their products so I will give it a try.

tdekany
01-02-2016, 03:27 PM
I used it once and the finish was amazingly glossy. You will not be disappointed.

willowcat11
01-02-2016, 06:36 PM
I know it says a couple of years, but what has been you guys' experience in the length of time this product still hangs in there?

65sohc
01-04-2016, 08:52 PM
I also took advantage of the bogo (and the -20%) and bought the DP coating as well as paint prep, tire gel, and Nanoskin Autoscrub. I have a black 2016 GT350 on order and I want to keep the paint pristine from day one. I'm not particularly concerned about maximum longevity. Application looks to be pretty simple and with this sale I'll have plenty of product so I plan to reapply at least every six months. Since I've never used it before I'm going to practice on the wife's black Mercedes.

tdekany
01-04-2016, 09:09 PM
I also took advantage of the bogo (and the -20%) and bought the DP coating as well as paint prep, tire gel, and Nanoskin Autoscrub. I have a black 2016 GT350 on order and I want to keep the paint pristine from day one. I'm not particularly concerned about maximum longevity. Application looks to be pretty simple and with this sale I'll have plenty of product so I plan to reapply at least every six months. Since I've never used it before I'm going to practice on the wife's black Mercedes.

If you are trying to prevent swirl marks, on jet black paint, you want the hardest coating possible and also should be very durable. But maybe you like polishing the paint often, so in that case disregard my post

65sohc
01-04-2016, 10:15 PM
If you are trying to prevent swirl marks, on jet black paint, you want the hardest coating possible and also should be very durable. But maybe you like polishing the paint often, so in that case disregard my post

After reading dozens of threads on coatings, both pro and DIY, it seems like results and recommendations are all over the map. They all claim to be harder than the facftory clearcoat and resistant to swirls and abrasion. Is there one that you would recommend for my "Shadow Black?"One class of product that was intriguing but which I, for whatever reason couldn't find in the US, was self-healing coatings. The technology seems to have been perfected by Bayer, as in big-pharma and ag, so it wouldn't appear to be some bogus infomercial junk. Dion't know why no one in this country offers it, other than in polyurethane film products.

FinishingTouchA
01-04-2016, 10:58 PM
After reading dozens of threads on coatings, both pro and DIY, it seems like results and recommendations are all over the map. They all claim to be harder than the facftory clearcoat and resistant to swirls and abrasion. Is there one that you would recommend for my "Shadow Black?"One class of product that was intriguing but which I, for whatever reason couldn't find in the US, was self-healing coatings. The technology seems to have been perfected by Bayer, as in big-pharma and ag, so it wouldn't appear to be some bogus infomercial junk. Dion't know why no one in this country offers it, other than in polyurethane film products.

Actually with the release of CarPro Immortal we do have self healing coatings in the US. The issue is installation needs to be done in a paint booth and CarPro's MSRP is $5000

98LowRanger
01-04-2016, 11:18 PM
If you are trying to prevent swirl marks, on jet black paint, you want the hardest coating possible and also should be very durable....

I'm interested in which coating you recommend as well.