PDA

View Full Version : Good wheel sealant, and how to wash

Pages : [1] 2

AAezra
12-31-2015, 03:48 PM
Need someone me recommendation on a good wheel sealant/wax that's not hard to remove. And what do you use to maintain them clean? Just car wash soap and a wheel brush or can you use a dedicated wheel cleaner and not affect the sealant/wax?

Sicoupe
12-31-2015, 03:58 PM
PNS, easy to apply and just use soap and water to maintain.

AAezra
12-31-2015, 04:32 PM
Ok sorry still new with the acronyms, what's PNS?

Sicoupe
12-31-2015, 04:39 PM
Ok sorry still new with the acronyms, what's PNS?Sonax polymer net shield:xyxthumbs:

ScottB
12-31-2015, 05:17 PM
G-Technics Wheel Armor ....easily a year's protection from one application. All that's really needed after is car wash soap and light agitation.

asianisafish
12-31-2015, 06:33 PM
Hydro2 works pretty good. I think that's the name. It's a spray sealant that you spray on rinse off. I've tried Collinite 845 on wheels it did nothing for as far as I know. I had good luck with turtle wax ice paste wax

SeanChav
12-31-2015, 07:11 PM
I've used Sonax PNS before with good results, and I know use Optiseal cuz it's just soo darn easy to apply I usually do it once a month.... I clean with a light APC about twice a month

PA DETAILER
12-31-2015, 09:08 PM
DP WHEEL COAT. Then just soap/water to clean. EASY. And currently BOGO!

Detailer’s Wheel Coating, wheel wax, wheel sealant, brake dust repellent (http://www.autogeek.net/wheel-coating.html)

Ebg18t
01-01-2016, 12:12 AM
2 coats of CQUK. Wheels cleanup with just a rinseless wash; currently using Wolfgang Uber.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
01-01-2016, 01:43 AM
It's not sold here, but Autopia sells it which is a sister site so I think it's within the forum rules to mention it? Polish Angel Supersport, from the reviews I've read it protects great, is real fast & easy to apply. And it's not too expensive considering a 200ml bottle will last a long time. I ordered some myself the other day and can't wait to try it. MODS, if me mentioning Autopia isn't allowed I apologize.

wytstang
01-01-2016, 01:46 AM
Any wipe on/walk away Spray sealant is great for wheel duty. Apply once a month, super easy.

BillyJack
01-02-2016, 09:32 AM
IMO, the best bargain in wheel sealants is FK1000p. It lasts for at least 3-4 months, longer than any other non-coating product I've tried. All I need to clean wheels is the leftover soap or rinseless I've used on the rest of the car.

Bill

ski2
01-02-2016, 09:52 AM
IMO, the best bargain in wheel sealants is FK1000p. It lasts for at least 3-4 months, longer than any other non-coating product I've tried. All I need to clean wheels is the leftover soap or rinseless I've used on the rest of the car.

Bill

Same here--since I started using FK1000 on my wheels (and the rest of the car) my routine maintenance has been very easy.

11Silverado
01-02-2016, 10:16 AM
This isn't exactly what it sounds like you're looking for, but I am currently using Pinnacle Black Label Wheel Coating and I haven't been disappointed. I just use my normal car soap and water to clean my rims.

Kamakaz1961
01-02-2016, 10:45 AM
It's not sold here, but Autopia sells it which is a sister site so I think it's within the forum rules to mention it? Polish Angel Supersport, from the reviews I've read it protects great, is real fast & easy to apply. And it's not too expensive considering a 200ml bottle will last a long time. I ordered some myself the other day and can't wait to try it. MODS, if me mentioning Autopia isn't allowed I apologize.

+1 Awesome stuff!! Just Spray and let it haze and wipe!! Additionally, to me I like any regular sealant such as Menzerna Powerlock (or whatever the new name is) and most recently Poorboys Sealant/Carnauba liquid wax.