PDA

View Full Version : BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant really satin and matte on tires?

AllenK
12-31-2015, 02:58 PM
I used BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant for the first time yesterday.

It is very nice product. It did an AWESOME job on the mirrors of my D.D.HHR. Very nice!

I went over the tires about 3 times. The tires looked really nice at first,but over time they dried to a really matte and satin finish. It is the most matte finish of anything I have ever used.

The finish left is ok,but I prefer a little more gloss. Nothing super shiny though. I may have to top the tires with something.

The tires were pretty dirty. It had been at least a month or more since they had been cleaned due to rainy and cold weather. These particular tires shine up really nicely normally after a cleaning,and with whatever protectant I use.

Pics from others of their results have had better gloss than mine.

As I said before,It rocks on trim though.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-01-2016, 03:13 AM
BlackFire AIO Trim & Tire is a fantastic product in that it allows you to clean and protect exterior rubber and plastic in one easy step. It is very useful during a water less/rinse less routine in that you can clean up and protect these areas without the need for a hose.

It also works great on engine bay plastics.

I don't think you will get much more shine than what you are already achieving. If you are looking for more shine, perhaps adding a coat of a dedicated tire product such as BlackFire Total Eclipse Tire Gel will add the gloss you are looking for.
BLACKFIRE Tire Gel, tire dressing, tire shine (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-tire-gel.html)

PA DETAILER
01-01-2016, 07:46 AM
For me it provides just the right look on my tires. Clean and dressed. Not shiney or glossy. And never have to worry about SLING. Love the product and it's all i use now on my tires.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/94123-blackfire-aio-tire-trim-protectant.html

AllenK
01-01-2016, 04:39 PM
I like the product. It does save a step or two compared to using an APC and scrubbing. I have used Mothers Back-to-Black Tire Renew in the past and I liked it as well. The Blackfire does add some protection on top of the one step cleaning.

I have not used it on an engine bay yet. I have used rinseless wash with either UTTG or Stoner's Trim Shine with great results. I am out of UTTG,and I mainly use the Stoner's for the honeycomb grills on my wife's G8.

I will definitely give it a shot in engine bays.