PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Question

Hammer77
12-31-2015, 10:26 AM
First of all I really like the Wolfgang products! The polish, sealant, and Fuzion is amazing. I bought my car in August 2015, after learning more since finding this forum, and looking at all the pictures, it's like it is training my eyes to spot defects. After learning what I know now I would have never let the dealership even wash the car before I took ownership of it.

Back in October I polished with Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer , followed by Wolfgang Sealant 3.0, topped with Fuzion. Car still looks great! But am noticing some very, very light swirls here and there. Drives me crazy. But I can't touch them for some time due to Michigan whether and a unheated garage. So as soon as possible I want to go after them. Just planning ahead. I keep looking at the Wolfgang Total Swirl remover, and the Wolfgang Finishing glaze.

What would be the most gentle approach? I am new to this level of detailing, hell I really have never done any paint correction! Honestly I am very nervous about it all I don't want to mess up the paint on my new ride, and I don't want to wear it thin I plan on keeping it for 6 years or so. I studied the proper wash technique, which I think is pretty solid. I have a GG 6 which I will convert to a 5" backing plate with the proper pads recommended. What would you recommend ?

apthai
12-31-2015, 10:59 AM
The most gentle approach (lease aggressive) would be using Wolfgang Finishing Glaze with a LC Flat 5.5" (white polishing) pad. Depending on how light your swirls are that should take care of it. If that doesn't work then I'd move to Wolfgang TSR with a LC Flat 5.5" (white polishing or orange light cutting) pad.

As long as you wash your car with the proper technique you shouldn't have to polish your car very often.

Mike Phillips
12-31-2015, 12:37 PM
The most gentle approach (lease aggressive) would be using Wolfgang Finishing Glaze with a LC Flat 5.5" (white polishing) pad.

Depending on how light your swirls are that should take care of it.

I agree.

In fact that's the same answer I would have shared plus the part about the Total Swirl Remover.

The Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is not really a glaze it's a fine cut polish and a very capable one at that.

:)

Mike Phillips
12-31-2015, 12:41 PM
I have a TON of info about Wolfgang products here....

The Wolfgang Four (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/74198-wolfgang-four.html)

The Wolfgang Four
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/The_Wolfgang_Four.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

custmsprty
12-31-2015, 01:01 PM
:dblthumb2: for the Wolfgang Four

Hammer77
12-31-2015, 11:03 PM
Thank you all for the replies. I know whats on my next AG order. I will buy all the products suggested. I now am more than sure the glaze will take care of it but will have the TSR on stand by just in case. Thanks again!

Happy New Year

Scoobertin
01-01-2016, 02:27 AM
Very good questions, I am in the same situation as you. I am fairly new to all this too. My paint is somewhere between excellent and good condition. The many pad choices drive me crazy at times. I finally ended up getting the LC hydrotech line along with the LC ccs gray and red pads.

After reading mikes coment about the WG glaze being a fine polish more so than a glaze, I decided to go ahead and start with the glaze and hydrotech crimson pad and see how that looks. If I do need to step it up I do have the WG TSR. I have the WG three with pinnacle compund instead which I should not need at this time.

Good info on the WG four article.

Even though it is not my thread, thank you too for the great info and for asking the same question that has been running in my head. Ready for spring to arrive to give this a whirl.

Hammer77
01-01-2016, 03:19 AM
Hey Scoob, glad to hear there is someone in the same boat. Great minds think alike:props:. Please feel free to hijack the thread with questions of your own, we are all here to learn!