PDA

View Full Version : New Paint With Rinseless Or Wax

Dmb5450
12-31-2015, 07:26 AM
I just had my bumper repainted. I was told no wax for 90 days, but realistically I would be good in 30. Should I wait more towards the 90 days or would the 30 be ok?

I have been using Uber Rinseless lately. I know that it leaves "something" behind, would this interfere with the gassing process? I also like to use Crystal Mist as my QD will this product's carnauba content be enough to cause issues.

On a side note, the owner of the shop asked me what I used on my car, he said it was the best cared for that he saw in the 4 years he was at this shop. We ended up talking for a while and I told him to check out Autogeek's forum. I promised he would learn more than he thought possible on here.

As always, thanks to everyone for the input!

addysdaddy
12-31-2015, 07:36 AM
Why would you question the 90 day time frame that the paint shop manager told you? YMMV but...I would take him at his word.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-31-2015, 07:42 AM
You will be fine maintaining the vehicle with Über Rinse-less washes during this time period.

If you are wanting more protection during this curing period, I would look into Meguiar's M305. This product was designed use on freshly painted panels and will offer protection during this period without interrupting the paint curing period.
Meguiars M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/megiuars-m305-16.html)

Dmb5450
12-31-2015, 08:07 AM
Why would you question the 90 day time frame that the paint shop manager told you? YMMV but...I would take him at his word.

I am not questioning the 90 days. He said wait 90 days to wax but I should be fine to wax in 30. Since 30 is far less than 90 days I wondered which to go with as he kind of gave two answers.

You will be fine maintaining the vehicle with Über Rinse-less washes during this time period.

If you are wanting more protection during this curing period, I would look into Meguiar's M305. This product was designed use on freshly painted panels and will offer protection during this period without interrupting the paint curing period.
Meguiars M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/megiuars-m305-16.html)

Mike thank you for the reply, I was worried about leaving the paint unprotected for that long of a period. This product looks like what I need.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-31-2015, 08:38 AM
Mike thank you for the reply, I was worried about leaving the paint unprotected for that long of a period. This product looks like what I need.

I knew that question was coming next. :xyxthumbs: