PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Liquid Wax Longevity

willowcat11
12-31-2015, 01:03 AM
I know there is probably just a ton of factors to really get a solid number, but I was wondering if there is an average length of time this Wax lasts for.

I think I saw something that said Wolfgang's Paint Sealant lasts on average about 4-5 months. So this is what I am looking for. About how many months I can count on it lasting?

Thanks everyone and have a Great New Year!

Ray

AZpolisher15
12-31-2015, 02:02 AM
I'm getting two pretty solid months here in SD from April to November. The third month just doesn't feel/appear like it did the first two months, but as far as protection goes, I have a hunch it's still hanging on to a good degree. And that's with weekly hand washes and a touchless now and then. I've not been through a winter yet, although I have ULW topped with Colli 476 right now. It's been about a month and it's still like the day it was applied. And it's been covered in salt and grime during this whole time, plus weekly washes. I'm quite impressed.

With my wash habits and DD use, combined with SD weather, I'm comfortable with it for about three months. I feel confident in saying they're wouldn't be much left after 5 months. Topped with the 476 though, I'm feeling like I might be in for a surprise.

willowcat11
12-31-2015, 02:14 PM
Thank you for your detailed and thorough answer Harpolith! This definitely helps me get a better understanding.

willowcat11
12-31-2015, 02:18 PM
Sorry everyone, I noticed that in my original post on this thread, I may have worded things wrong, which may have caused some confusion.

When I said I heard Wolfgang was mentioned to last 4-5 months. I didn't mean that's what I want to get out of ULW.

I was only asking for how long on average ULW last on it's own.

Thank you.

Ray

BTLew81
12-31-2015, 03:19 PM
I think with decent prep you can easily get 3-4 months. Hit it with uqw now and then to extend it. Many say ultimate approaches 845 durability.

Justin at Final Inspection
12-31-2015, 03:33 PM
Used Ultimate paste a bit with great results. Unfortunately I couldn't really test long term durability due to always trying new stuff lol.

3-5 mo shouldn't be a problem with good prep and maintenance washes

willowcat11
12-31-2015, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys! I have Ultimate Wash and Wax to wash my car with, UQW to spray on Just After my washes, and then will use Ultimate Quick Detailer to clean of bird droppings and other things.

Hopefully keeping on top of this Maintenece will help it to hold up pretty well.

Here comes New Years Eve, have fun!

Ray

AZpolisher15
12-31-2015, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys! I have Ultimate Wash and Wax to wash my car with, UQW to spray on Just After my washes, and then will use Ultimate Quick Detailer to clean of bird droppings and other things.

Hopefully keeping on top of this Maintenece will help it to hold up pretty well.

Here comes New Years Eve, have fun!

Ray

That sounds like a good plan. I think you'll be pleased. You'll probably be so happy with it after the first application that you'll want to apply it again long before it's protective abilities are gone ;)

FUNX650
12-31-2015, 07:17 PM
•Since its introduction...
-Ultimate Wax has been advertised as Meguiar's
longest lasting protection product to date.

-And...Through the course of having used it...
I have found this statement to be true.

•Of course its longevity/(durability?) depends on:
-paint surface preparation;

-the conditions in which vehicle is being used;

-and, as you alluded to in your OP:
"a ton of factors to really get a solid number".

Bob

willowcat11
12-31-2015, 07:33 PM
Thank you for this post Bob!

In order to make sure that Prep is spot on, I will be:

1. Washing
2. Claying
3. Ultimate Compound
4. Ultimate Polish
and then
5. Finishing it all off with the ULW

And then Maintaining with said products.

The Guz
12-31-2015, 09:01 PM
Expect somewhere between 3-6 months. I have seen it go 6 months consistently. Although I am in southern california so things last a little longer here.

willowcat11
12-31-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm Jealous of you even mentioning SO Cal man! :)

That amount of time, 3-6 months, is cool then. So I can plan on re-waxing my car about every 3 months. I shouldn't have to compound or polish every time, and if I am doing regular maintenance that should help that 3 month re-waxing go very quickly!

FUNX650
12-31-2015, 09:21 PM
That amount of time, 3-6 months, is cool then.
So I can plan on re-waxing my car
about every 3 months.

I shouldn't have to compound
or polish every time,

and if I am doing regular maintenance
that should help that 3 month re-waxing
go very quickly!
Keep in mind that Ultimate Wax...
is actually a Sealant. :dblthumb2:

Thus, the advertised longevity
I previously referenced.

Bob