PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Terry Towels

Eldorado2k
12-31-2015, 12:55 AM
What do you guys do with terry towels after they've been put through some heavy duty cleaning [i.e. carpet cleaning]
Do you guys wash and re use them? Or just chuck em?
I'd like to re use them, but they get so dirty that I don't like to wash them here at home. But I seem to put off going to the laundromat until there's a big pile of soiled towels and they begin to look fubar.

Would you guys wash and re use these?

wing commander
12-31-2015, 02:07 AM
I would however my wife ask me to not put those disgusting towels in (her) machine so out of respect I pre-wash with apc first then I can put them in (her) machine. I am trying to convince her that she needs a new one so I will then put (her) machine in my shop.

GSKR
12-31-2015, 07:04 AM
I would save them,but discard them if they have any kind of metal polish or billet and aluminum residue or silicone saturated rag.

Ricorocks
12-31-2015, 09:34 AM
Dirty Towels Done Dirt Cheap.

I like your thinking Mr. Wing Commander.

I also prewash, before, going into the machine

AGOatemywallet
12-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Bleach the heck out of them and reuse

Just don't let the Customer see them!

FUNX650
12-31-2015, 10:38 AM
What do you guys do with terry towels
after they've been put through some
heavy duty cleaning [i.e. carpet cleaning]

Do you guys wash and re use them?
Yes.

Would you guys wash and re use these?

Yes.

Bob

CarolinasFinestDetailing
12-31-2015, 10:58 AM
Wash. Bleach and good as new, or close to it. When I do my weekly Microfiber laundry, I start with the paint towels, then move to dirty interior towels, then wheel & tire & well towels, then terry towels. After they're all done, I run an Afresh tab and wipe out my dryer just to be safe.

DetailGroove
12-31-2015, 12:46 PM
Yes, I always reuse them for interior cleaning.

I either:

- Pre-soak in a bucket of water with APC
- Spray them down with a hose
- A little of both

Mike Phillips
12-31-2015, 01:03 PM
Wash them and reuse them.

I care not what they look like as long as they are clean. The types of chores I use terrycloth towels for has more to do with the scrubbing and cleaning power provided by the STOUT nap that makes terrycloth what it is.

I don't use terrycloth towels for wiping off polishes and waxes.

They are good for wiping off compounds because any marring induced by the terrycloth will be removed by any follow-up steps. The benefit to the stout nap provided by terrycloth is it's ability to slice into compound reside and break it up quickly so you can remove it quickly and move on. In other words... speed.

Also good for door jambs, wiping excess tire dressing off of tires, engine compartment work, etc.

Wash and reuse - wash and reuse -wash and reuse...

:D

SilverRebel
12-31-2015, 09:07 PM
I have purchased a 2nd used washing machine just for my detailing towels.
Now I don't dirty my wife's washing machine, and don't have to worry about cross contamination of chemicals onto clothes.

andy2485
01-04-2016, 07:24 PM
what mike said.

bill walsh
01-04-2016, 07:39 PM
i just wash and reuse them