PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars natural shine attract dust?

terranoboy
12-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Hi all, just want to say i LOVE the Meguiars natural shine product as it shines and protects extremely well. However i have noticed my dashboard does seem to get dusty very quickly after i use the vehicle. Has anyone else noticed this or am i just imagining it. cheer.

jfelbab
12-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Too shiny for my dash... I use QID instead and have no dust attraction or glare at all.

terranoboy
12-30-2015, 05:27 PM
I use it more for the protectant than the shine it leaves. I prefer the matte look of the QID. Do you think QID leaves enough protection? thanks.

expdetailing
12-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Dressings do attract dust from my experience. I consider dressings a thing of the past when there are so many coatings to consider. They last a lot longer than a dressing, won't attract dust, and only need wiped with water for maintenance.

truzoom
12-30-2015, 05:43 PM
QID's label claims that it leaves protection, but frankly I use it for the scent and the light cleaning ability.

Unless you can find some sort of wax or sealant intended for use on rough textured plastic, you'll have to compromise between a glossy/somewhat greasy finish that purports UV protection, or a matte finish.

You might also consider using a folding shade when the car is parked to keep the UV rays off.

FUNX650
12-30-2015, 07:31 PM
I use it more for the protectant than the shine it leaves. I prefer the matte look of the QID. Do you think QID leaves enough protection? thanks.

Modern auto-glass, itself, will provide more
"protectants" than most interior dressings
can ever dream of doing.

Bob

GSKR
12-30-2015, 08:05 PM
QID's label claims that it leaves protection, but frankly I use it for the scent and the light cleaning ability.

Unless you can find some sort of wax or sealant intended for use on rough textured plastic, you'll have to compromise between a glossy/somewhat greasy finish that purports UV protection, or a matte finish.

You might also consider using a folding shade when the car is parked to keep the UV rays off.
May seem weird ,but pledge has been used on interiors for years.works as you described leaves a tinch of sheen and not oily or greased look.