PDA

View Full Version : Sisters new car, what kind of sealant/wax?

MrOneEyedBoh
12-30-2015, 11:16 AM
So my sister asked me to wax her car. She obviously isn't going to take car of it as we would. So I could coat it, but its white and I'm afraid of not being able to fully remove high spots and plus I don't wanna spend another 75$ or so bucks.

I have Menzerna power lock, WDGPS, Colly 476s & 845, Sonax PNS, Meg's #26, Fusion, Pinnacle SS2, Sonax Ion, and Opti-seal.

Which one would be the best bet on a white car and longevity?

Lastly, for a post wash wipe down, should I use eraser or Prep-sol? Or even heavy D114?

CarolinasFinestDetailing
12-30-2015, 11:36 AM
You have some great LSPs there. Out of those, I would be partial to Sonax PNS.

Just ensure that you've properly prepped the paint for LSP. Wash, clay, Iron X. You should not need an IPA or Eraser wipedown if you follow those there steps.

Sicoupe
12-30-2015, 12:42 PM
You have some great LSPs there. Out of those, I would be partial to Sonax PNS.

Just ensure that you've properly prepped the paint for LSP. Wash, clay, Iron X. You should not need an IPA or Eraser wipedown if you follow those there steps.I agree, I would go with PNS:xyxthumbs:

MrOneEyedBoh
12-30-2015, 01:30 PM
I still havnet used it as my truck is dark and Im paranoid about leaving sptreaks that I wouldnt see later on. I dont drive a show truck but a DD and WGDPS works. I bought PNS on a whim... never used it.

Are two coats required? Im assume 12hr between coats ( if needed )

Topping worth anything? Again Id assume no, but thought Id ask.

fly07sti
12-30-2015, 01:39 PM
I'd also go with PNS. It's hydrophobic effect is like that of any quality coating out right now.
As far as application goes, I use a hydrotech foam applicator to apply. I lightly spray the applicator then apply to my section/panel then wipe off immediately with a quality MF. Some people apply with a MF towel but I have not personally tried that method.
Also it can be topped with Sonax BSD.
FWIW, the feeling of the paint afterwards is not terribly slick but it washes up like it has a coating on it.

MrOneEyedBoh
12-30-2015, 02:13 PM
Nice. Good. I do have BSD and I love it.

FUNX650
12-30-2015, 02:26 PM
•I'd make sure to first thoroughly clean the vehicle:
-Wash: (Either: 2 Bucket; RW; WW...your preference)
-Decon: IronX, or an IronX-type of iron remover
-Clay
-Light/Mild Polish

•Then:
-Apply the LSP you are most familiar with.
-Out of the ones you listed, I'd probably opt
for a Finishing Sealant: Opti-Seal or WDGPS.

•Note:
IMO...Unless the LSP is going to be a 'Coating'...
There should be no need for a "panel-wipe".

Bob

MrOneEyedBoh
12-30-2015, 02:28 PM
Thanks Bob. I was unaware of the panel wipe info.

Thanks again.