PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Essence or Reflect

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zubair
12-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Hello everyone

Can I use Essence after Reflect? Which has more cut and gloss?
Or is it like HD Polish and Speed where one can be followed up by the other or is that not necessary?

Or simply does Essence replace Reflect as a finishing polish? I know its an AIO but will be using both soon and need to know if I'm doing anything unnecessary or certain steps would be redundant. My objective is primarily gloss with swirl removal and lsp as secondary.

GSKR
12-30-2015, 09:50 AM
I'm a stickler of products,so essence is a awesome product gloss you wouldn't believe ,there's a little of a learning curve to work with it.great stuff and a time saver.and works great outdoors.

Dapper Don
12-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Tell me more about this learning curve please. I have been using Meg's & Griots products for a few years now and I am thinking of expanding my products outside of that. Menzerna, Carpro, and WG have me interested so far.

GSKR
12-30-2015, 10:49 AM
I used it on black dts Cadillac with light swirls and some deep .I used a micro cutting pad and essence on a griot da on speed 4 or 5 in some sections.I primed the pad pretty good and started ,you really have to work this product in until it fully dissipates leaving you with a very slick smooth glossy finish,I mean glossy like a 10 hr correction look.went to wash it after to apply a lsp the water just runs off like a traditional coating job.so to keep it all in the family I chose to apply essence by hand ,can be a pita but it's worth it at the end.when applying by hand use very little on a app pad and work it in like a coating you will see it dries so fast when applied to metal ,you have to level out any high spots of product or it can or will be a pita to remove by hand.essence has limitations I find it works great on a new cars 1 to 2 years that needs to be amped up.Its not a solo product that will correct everything.last week used it on a 14 350 z which had moderate swirls and gave me from 1 to 10 a 6 on filling and correcting and a 10 for gloss,and used it in the blazing sun with 1 micro cutting pad to do the whole car with no trace of hazing or light marring.Topped it off with Meg's sealer.

vantagesc
12-30-2015, 11:01 AM
Essence does not replace Reflect. They are simply different products. There is little reason to use both. Essence is similar to Reflect on the abrasive scale but it has fillers too.

What LSP will you be using after? Your decision comes down to whether you want to fill defects and whether Essence is capatible with any LSP you would be using later. Chances are you should just use Essence. Same cut, fills defects, and leaves some gloss behind from the fillers/protection.

GSKR
12-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Reflect resembles essence to great products ,but for cut and gloss and being a aio product its essence.for 24 bucks try it,at first I thought it smelled and has the consistency of 3 m finess it polish.my good friend Robert deterrlizi showed me how to max out the benefits of essence with the right pad speed pressure etc.I thought that this was just another hyped up product.before talking to him I told him I was gonna give him the bottle I purchased.I used,it,on 4 cars already and the gloss is insane.

Zubair
12-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Post edited, didn't see last two replies. For outright gloss Essence with Carpro Gloss pads yeah?

AGOatemywallet
12-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Since you will have both available...Do a Test Spot with Essence and another one with Reflect

Zubair
12-31-2015, 04:24 AM
Yes but good to know from those who have tried both, looks like I willuse one or the other on a detail not both.

Eldorado2k
02-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Reflect resembles essence to great products ,but for cut and gloss and being a aio product its essence.for 24 bucks try it,at first I thought it smelled and has the consistency of 3 m finess it polish.my good friend Robert deterrlizi showed me how to max out the benefits of essence with the right pad speed pressure etc.I thought that this was just another hyped up product.before talking to him I told him I was gonna give him the bottle I purchased.I used,it,on 4 cars already and the gloss is insane.

Can you please enlighten us on the optimum methods to achieve the best results with it? TIA.

RaskyR1
02-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Hello everyone

Can I use Essence after Reflect? Which has more cut and gloss?
Or is it like HD Polish and Speed where one can be followed up by the other or is that not necessary?

Or simply does Essence replace Reflect as a finishing polish? I know its an AIO but will be using both soon and need to know if I'm doing anything unnecessary or certain steps would be redundant. My objective is primarily gloss with swirl removal and lsp as secondary.

Essence is said to have the same abrasives as Reflect, just less of them. So Reflect can cut more and still finish down very well. Essence having fillers in it can still cut, bit it also enhances the gloss even further.

IMO they should NOT be treated as the same and deciding which to choose should depend on your or your clients intentions. I mainly use it as a primer prior to coating, meaning I fully finish the paint down prior to using it and it adds gloss and saves me from having to do an IPA/Eraser wipe down. It can also be used as an AIO or finishing step, just be aware of it's ability to fill and be sure your client is aware of that too. Using it as an AIO with a MF pad can yield some pretty impressive results, but I'm certain it's filling in faint DA haze as MF pads rarely finish totally free of DA haze IME. I'm testing this on my own vehicle now to see if and when the fillers wear off and reveal any haze. If it lasts up the the claimed 1 year durability I will be very impressed. :props:

hdez
02-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Can you please enlighten us on the optimum methods to achieve the best results with it? TIA.

Check the CarPro US site, on the Essence product page, in the description tab, there's a lot of FAQ regarding the product and how to achieve best results.

Mike@ShineStruck
02-02-2016, 02:45 PM
What I want to know is what everyone is charging for using Essence when offered as an AIO
I pretty sure i dont want to offer both 3d Speed and essense at 200
I have both Essence and reflect but haven't played with reflect die to stupid winter... 1 More month to go lol

Zubair
03-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Okay, so been using Essence with the Carpro Gloss pads, as well as LC HD Orbital Orange and results were decent. However Essence on MF pads seemed to work better from a shine or gloss point of view. Also Essence on the Rupes yellow pad worked better than very soft pads to extract more gloss. So far to my eyes it seems as if Essence prefers firmer or more abrasive type pads. What are your thoughts?

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Okay, so been using Essence with the Carpro Gloss pads, as well as LC HD Orbital Orange and results were decent. However Essence on MF pads seemed to work better from a shine or gloss point of view. Also Essence on the Rupes yellow pad worked better than very soft pads to extract more gloss. So far to my eyes it seems as if Essence prefers firmer or more abrasive type pads. What are your thoughts?

Yes I tried essence, on a microfiber finishing pad, and a white rupes foam finishing pad, they enhanced the gloss but left a ton of damage behind.

A polishing pad or foam cutting pad is the way to go.

Also are you using a microfiber cutting pad with essence ? Is it leaving micro marring ? Are you trying to do a one step with essence ?