PDA

View Full Version : I need your help

Estiven Mendez
12-28-2015, 10:52 AM
First of all hello I am estiven and new to the forum. I was working on this last saturday on a nissan murano which was filthy. I had extracted and cleaned all carpet and upholstery and just needed the trunk area. It had a stain that looked like hardened milk. I proceeded to spray with degreaser and scrub. As I did that it just started to foam really bad. Im guessing it was laundry detergent. I then extracted the mess and eventually my extractor stopped sucking. I opened the recovery tank and it was packed with foam.
This extractor is brand new. It was the first vehicle I used it on. I bought vinegar the next day and put it only in the recovery tank but nothing. Can any one help and diagnose this? Im going to take it to the service center but just wanted some insight from people tat have experienced the same thing. The extractor is a mytee spyder hp60. Thanks you and I appreciate your help!!

Mike Phillips
12-28-2015, 01:05 PM
You can purchase de-foamer and add it to the recovery tank.

Check any store that rents out the Rug Doctor or do a search in your home town for a janitorial supply store.

:)

Setec Astronomy
12-28-2015, 01:23 PM
This sounds like something Autogeek should sell as an extractor accessory.

7.3powerstroke
12-28-2015, 01:27 PM
This sounds like something Autogeek should sell as an extractor accessory.

Exactly what I was thinking

Estiven Mendez
12-28-2015, 05:53 PM
So i found the issue. It was the vacuum lid. It wasnt on when I turned the extractor.. Now its on and it sucks but I lost the black piece that lifts the vac lid which if its not on it looses a little pressure. Now I need to find one.

GSKR
12-28-2015, 06:37 PM
So i found the issue. It was the vacuum lid. It wasnt on when I turned the extractor.. Now its on and it sucks but I lost the black piece that lifts the vac lid which if its not on it looses a little pressure. Now I need to find one.

Same promblem it's sort of a gasket.

Estiven Mendez
12-28-2015, 10:23 PM
Same promblem it's sort of a gasket.

Yes...I payed $40 for a new vac lid. Sigh