P1et
09-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Did you hit post too quickly?

Tonya
09-29-2007, 07:16 PM
That looks great Ticman!

joe.p
09-29-2007, 07:20 PM
nice color..what was you process/products....the tires have a nice look to them..what tire dressing was used on the tires

Bigfoot
09-29-2007, 07:21 PM
That baby looks sweet and perfect! What did you used on it? Process?

Ticman
09-30-2007, 12:32 PM
That baby looks sweet and perfect! What did you used on it? Process?

When I bought the truck about a year ago it had some very severe water spots and dealer installed swirls on the hood and top. To tackle this I used Meguiars #83, Lake Country orange pad and rotary. The top and hood finished out nearly LSP ready.

The sides just had the swirls. I used a G100/PC, Meguiar’s #80 with a Meguiar’s polishing pad. This combo worked pretty well on the sides and tailgate, so I went over the top and hood as well. The paint was LSP ready but I still went over it again with some Megs #7 Show Car Glaze with a LC black pad. Then I topped it with Megs NXT paste wax. All of this was about a year ago.

About 3 months ago I wanted to shine it up a little so I used my Makita rotary, Meguiar’s #82 and Megs finishing pad. I would spread the product out at 600 then bump it up to about 1000 then back down to 600 for the final pass. Did the whole truck this way and it really improved the shine. (No holograms or swirls either) I used the #7 again with a G100/PC and after that I followed up with Megs #21 followed the next day by Megs #26 paste wax for the topper.

For all the chrome (wheels, grill, step bars, bumpers etc..) I use Megs NXT paste wax. I even use NXT paste on the headlights and taillights as well. I wax the front end every month and the whole truck about every 2 months. Bug guts and brake dust will spray right off with a hose pipe.

For the trim work I use Megs #40 and Megs Hot Tire Shine Gel for the tires. I also use Meguiar’s Ultimate Quick Detailer about every other wash.

That’s about it other that Stoner’s and Rain-X on the glass. BTW, it hasn't been waxed in about a month in the pictures.

Sorry for the long post but you ask… LOL!!!!

Tic

Here's a another shot.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/Ticmanbass/truck7.jpg

trhland
09-30-2007, 05:09 PM
thats my favorite color great job!!!!!!