PDA

View Full Version : Carpet and Upholstery Machines

willowcat11
12-26-2015, 10:52 PM
I'm wondering what you guys are all using machine-wise to clean your Auto Carpet and Upholstery.

I'm not a big company, I am just by myself. I have only done spot cleaning of carpets and upholstery up and until now. Though I have rented Rug Doctors several times before for cars.

I just want to add another service to my detailing, and I feel this is one step in that direction.

Any and all suggestions for me to start out with are greatly appreciated!

Thank you All!

Ray

GSKR
12-27-2015, 12:10 AM
Thermal extractor is what I use.just replaced the whole motor last year for 240 dollars,other than that full of plastic and a shell I will keep buying motors for it so easy to work on.I don't have to send it out for a major repair that's what I like about it.

Fast Eddie
12-27-2015, 01:06 AM
I use a 7 year old Mytee HP60 that I bought used and isn't very original, I've heavily modified the unit and put dual vac motors in it (running dual 120v cords), a 2000w heater and 220psi pump. It works awesome and these machines are so darn easy to work on or upgrade if your mechanically inclined.

Eldorado2k
12-27-2015, 01:15 AM
Machine wise all I have is a Ridgid vacuum and a McCulloch 1275 steamer [as light duty as they come]

Since you're just a regular guy, here's your regular guy real deal answer.

Grab your bottle of Megs D101@10:1 and a regular scrub brush, [I get mine at the 99cent store] Spray matt/carpet, scrub, mop up with a quality terry towel. Repeat if necessary. But it can and does get the job done.

For worse jobs, use Folex. Follow the directions. Stuff is gold.

Eldorado2k
12-27-2015, 01:22 AM
Folex + my fingers, yes just my fingers and terry towels cleaned this up. Not too shabby eh?

soloswilliams
12-27-2015, 09:12 AM
U scrubbed this with your hands? @eldorado2k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nappers
12-27-2015, 09:26 AM
I do the same, saturate with my favorite cleaner, terry cloth to rinse, very wet and use my shop vac to extract. On a nice hot day that is! Turns out like Eldorado2K.

I thought of buying the little green machine, but my method been working good so far.

GSKR
12-27-2015, 10:11 AM
You can only do what's affordable to you right now.as you move on to getting busier a extractor is a must.Wicking from over saturation is a promblem,if you were to leave and the carpet is acceptable from you and the client go look at them the next day.lingering smells and odors will be still present as the carpet is still drying from a day ago.when doing brush style cleaning you are moving the dirt around and not pulling out of carpet.using a dedicated apc will Only attract new dirt faster.apc with a extractor don't work great together unless you have a defoamer.and most importantly makes cleaning a lot through and quick.I admire your humbleness to clean the mat from what it was and looks good,but a trained eye can see that there is so much dirt left in it by the dark and light patterns.ebay and cl you can find a used one when your finances allow you to pull the trigger.These machines are so easy to work on and parts are available 95percent of the time.

AGOatemywallet
12-27-2015, 10:31 AM
You can only do what's affordable to you right now.

As you move on to getting busier a extractor is a must.

Wicking from over saturation is a promblem,if you were to leave and the carpet is acceptable from you and the client go look at them the next day.lingering smells and odors will be still present as the carpet is still drying from a day ago.

When doing brush style cleaning you are moving the dirt around and not pulling out of carpet.

Using a dedicated apc will Only attract new dirt faster..

APC with a extractor don't work great together unless you have a defoamer.and most importantly makes cleaning a lot through and quick.

I admire your humbleness to clean the mat from what it was and looks good,but a trained eye can see that there is so much dirt left in it by the dark and light patterns.

Ebay and cl you can find a used one when your finances allow you to pull the trigger.These machines are so easy to work on and parts are available 95percent of the time.

willowcat11
12-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Thank you all so very much for your help and suggestions.

Folex is must have in my garage. Been carrying it for a few years now.
People on forums continue to affirm this product.

Can shop vacs provide Pretty Adequate extraction of water and product on upholstery and carpet?

Eldorado2k
12-27-2015, 09:17 PM
@AGOatemywallet. My goodness I thought I was seeing double, but then I realized what you did there. Lol.

@GSKR. You're right. Except I think you meant the carpet still had dirt remaining, not the matt. Because that's my matt and trust me I get it clean!😃

At the end of the day you're right. If the proper machine is attainable, and someone plans to do this on a consistent basis, then by all means look into buying a quality steamer/extractor of your choice.

GSKR
12-27-2015, 09:57 PM
I don't know how this post ended up like that very weird.

willowcat11
12-27-2015, 10:18 PM
You guys must be Doppelgangers! LOL!

Yeah, I'm going to have to build up before I can get an extractor. Not enough funds to do that now. So I'm just going to have to use some scrubbing Muscles and the Little Green Machine right now.

Thank you guys for all your suggestions and help!

Ray