PDA

View Full Version : Great Site, Greater people!

tone357
12-26-2015, 06:38 PM
Being a noob, I have and still have plenty of questions. Last week, I had a guy offer to help me out in person, but he was half the state away. Then Mike Phillips put a call out to Cardaddy, who just so happens to be about 30 miles away. Cardaddy invited me to his house, and spent several hours of his time and talent educating me. And he knows his stuff! I just wanted to publicly say thanks to Mike and Cardaddy for going above and beyond to help a guy out. You guys are awesome!

7.3powerstroke
12-26-2015, 09:50 PM
Cool story. Glad there is people out there that still help others out. We always here about bad stuff happening to people, so its good hear about the good things happening also.

FinishingTouchA
12-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Great story!
And to those located near me, I love helping too :)

FUNX650
12-26-2015, 11:51 PM
Last week...Mike Phillips put a call out to Cardaddy,
who just so happens to be about 30 miles away.

Cardaddy invited me to his house, and spent
several hours of his time and talent educating me.
And he knows his stuff!

I just wanted to publicly say thanks to Mike
and Cardaddy for going above and beyond to
help a guy out. You guys are awesome!

Cool story. Glad there is people out there that still help others out. We always here about bad stuff happening to people, so its good hear about the good things happening also.
^^^So True^^^

#upvotemikephillipscardaddygoodguys

Bob

cardaddy
12-27-2015, 06:44 PM
HEY Tony! :D

Actually... that was Mike (Smack) all the way from Germany that sent me the PM. ;)
Mike is one HECK of a nice guy, and serving his country (in the Air Force) in Germany as we speak. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him in person (even back when he was in Colorado) but hopefully one day that'll happen. :xyxthumbs:

Thanks so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

I hope I didn't get too sidetracked yesterday with ya'. ;) Lots of stuff to go over, and just not enough time. :rolleyes: I can say, had CarMomma not been wanting me to get inside and fire up the grill for those 1½" Ribeyes (well mine was more like 1¾"... :D), annnnnndddd I'm sure yours was wanting you to get back as well, that we'd just hung out in the shop and gone around your truck top to bottom, end-to-end. :laughing:

At least I was able to show you the difference in how SMAT vs DAT works, yet both can end up with the same results. Really LOVE that metallic blue!:dblthumb2: Once the swirls and water spots are gone it looks SOOOOO different, so much deeper, with a really nice 'pop'. Again... LOVE that color! :D

Now when you get ready to do that C6, maybe we can do a "training day".;) I can tell ya', that the paint on that puppy is hard, quite a bit more so than the medium hard paint on the RAM. (I'd rate the RAM around a 7.5~8 where the C6 will be more like a 9.) Would LOVE to see a coating on that beautiful black ride. :props:

Thanks again for the kind words, you're welcome to drop by anytime. We LITERALLY just touched the tip of the iceberg. :eek: "Do unto others" as my Daddy used to say.

tone357
12-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a plan! Thanks again! You're the man!

glfnaz
12-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Sounds like a plan! Thanks again! You're the man!

Cardaddy is the BEST. I've never met him person but he has helped me A LOT through emails. I ask him a 5 word question and he writes back with s 10 page book explaining everything.

Top Drawer guy, for sure.

:dblthumb2:

tone357
12-27-2015, 07:18 PM
Thank you Mike as well!

hoyt66
12-27-2015, 07:24 PM
Very cool story. Very generous people here. Good place to be!

cardaddy
12-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Cardaddy is the BEST. I've never met him person but he has helped me A LOT through emails. I ask him a 5 word question and he writes back with s 10 page book explaining everything.

Top Drawer guy, for sure.

:dblthumb2:
Brad, now there you go... letting out my secrets.[emoji6] You know... CarMomma always says I talk too much. :D

10 page book..... pfffftttt.... ya' know... it's only a 9 pager (once you set skinny margins). :laughing:

Thank you too brother for the kind words. [emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
12-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Then Mike Phillips put a call out to Cardaddy,

That was Mike aka Mike@DedicatedPerfection formerly smack.

Due credit where credit is due.

:)

cardaddy
12-28-2015, 04:41 PM

Yup... addressed that one too. :)

HEY Tony!

Actually... that was Mike (Smack) all the way from Germany that sent me the PM. ;)
Mike is one HECK of a nice guy, and serving his country (in the Air Force) in Germany as we speak. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him in person (even back when he was in Colorado) but hopefully one day that'll happen......

Thanks so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it......

"Do unto others" as my Daddy used to say.

FUNX650
12-28-2015, 05:30 PM

So noted:

#upvotemike_formerlysmack_n_cardaddygoodguys

Bob

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-29-2015, 04:18 AM
Being a noob, I have and still have plenty of questions. Last week, I had a guy offer to help me out in person, but he was half the state away. Then Mike@DedicatedPerfection put a call out to Cardaddy, who just so happens to be about 30 miles away. Cardaddy invited me to his house, and spent several hours of his time and talent educating me. And he knows his stuff! I just wanted to publicly say thanks to Mike and Cardaddy for going above and beyond to help a guy out. You guys are awesome!

Glad to help.

HEY Tony! :D

Mike is one HECK of a nice guy, and serving his country (in the Air Force) in Germany as we speak. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him in person (even back when he was in Colorado) but hopefully one day that'll happen. :xyxthumbs:

Thanks so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

I hope I didn't get too sidetracked yesterday with ya'. ;) Lots of stuff to go over, and just not enough time. :rolleyes: I can say, had CarMomma not been wanting me to get inside and fire up the grill for those 1½" Ribeyes (well mine was more like 1¾"... :D), annnnnndddd I'm sure yours was wanting you to get back as well, that we'd just hung out in the shop and gone around your truck top to bottom, end-to-end. :laughing:

At least I was able to show you the difference in how SMAT vs DAT works, yet both can end up with the same results. Really LOVE that metallic blue!:dblthumb2: Once the swirls and water spots are gone it looks SOOOOO different, so much deeper, with a really nice 'pop'. Again... LOVE that color! :D

Now when you get ready to do that C6, maybe we can do a "training day".;) I can tell ya', that the paint on that puppy is hard, quite a bit more so than the medium hard paint on the RAM. (I'd rate the RAM around a 7.5~8 where the C6 will be more like a 9.) Would LOVE to see a coating on that beautiful black ride. :props:

Thanks again for the kind words, you're welcome to drop by anytime. We LITERALLY just touched the tip of the iceberg. :eek: "Do unto others" as my Daddy used to say.

Man im hungry now. :hungry:

Sounds like a blast. Make sure to do a Show 'N Shine on the Vette.

Thank you Mike as well!

Glad to hear you guys were able to meet up and get the RAM truck sorted out. Im sure you guys had a great time. :xyxthumbs: