PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you recommend? New car purchase..

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GenesisCoupe
12-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Hello All,

Mom is looking to replace her Matrix!

She has narrowed down to 3 following choices. Any input and recommendation would be appreciated;

2016 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4

2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited- Ultimate awd

2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring awd

I am leaning towards the Hyundai for the warranty, however it is about 1,500 more expensive than the Jeep and Mazda.

I am shining away from the Jeep due to its 9-speed transmission problems i've been reading about. She however would prefer the Jeep.

Thoughts?

Ricorocks
12-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Personally - I would go with Hyundai. Hyundai has a great reputation & warranty. Not a big fan of Chrysler products from experience & the stories my in-laws, you retired from Chrysler, have told me. Tis only my opinion!

VISITOR
12-26-2015, 12:53 PM
the new (redesigned) 16' hyundai tucson is very nice, i got to check one out when they had just arrived at the dealership when my nephew was getting an oil change on his elantra. that would be my choice. also, go to the dealership and check out the kia sportage (redesigned as well), those are very nice too...
http://carsintrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/2016Sportage_title.jpg

KMdef9
12-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Leasing or purchasing?

If leasing, I'd go with the Jeep. Nicer interior and great off road handeling. But I'd want a good warranty to go with it.

usmcpab
12-26-2015, 01:14 PM
I'd probably opt for the Hyundai as well for warranty purposes. Jeeps can be a nightmare when it comes to reliability. I really don't have an opinion about mazdas, but from a detailing perspective, I hate hats Mazdas interior carpet. Such a royal pita to clean up.

GSKR
12-26-2015, 01:26 PM
I like the jeep,I think Chrysler gives 100k on motor and trans.my brother in law was looking for a used one in ny.a jeep with no life left to it and 200k on the clock goes for 7k couldn't believe it.

GSKR
12-26-2015, 01:27 PM
:iagree::iagree:
I'd probably opt for the Hyundai as well for warranty purposes. Jeeps can be a nightmare when it comes to reliability. I really don't have an opinion about mazdas, but from a detailing perspective, I hate hats Mazdas interior carpet. Such a royal pita to clean up.:iagree: and jettas

derek0609
12-26-2015, 01:46 PM
I am biased towards the Mazda plus the CX-5 always gets great reviews. Mazda CX-5 Reviews - Mazda CX-5 Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/mazda/cx-5)
I think the new Cherokees are UGLY and I know too many people with issues when owning a Hyundai/Kia. In the end, your mom should buy what she feels happy with. Any car by any brand can be great or have issues. See my signature for some insight! :)

AC in OC
12-26-2015, 01:46 PM
It sounds like she's in a good position to take her time to decide. The decision should be based on how much she drives & weather conditions year round. If she's coming from a Matrix, then the Hyundai may be the closest feel to what she's used to. My mom has one and it's pretty nice. It's small & won't be able to handle what the Jeep could. The Mazda seems to be a good middle ground between the other two.

I'd suggest that she go to each dealership and walk around the ones she's interested in. Take it for a test drive, then leave. After she's done that with all 3, and has slept on it, she'll know which one she wants.

Eldorado2k
12-26-2015, 01:56 PM
Whichever vehicle she chooses don't let her buy a white or silver color. You'll end up bored to death trying to make it pop.
Get a burgundy 1!

mbkite
12-26-2015, 02:12 PM
What about the small Mercedes suv. Start out leasing than buy it.. If she falls in love with it.

Ebg18t
12-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Of those 3 I would only get the Mazda.

Personally I am not a fan of Kia & Hyundai.

The tranny issues concern me on the Jeep.

That leaves the Mazda. The CX5 is a nice all around small SUV.

Eldorado2k
12-26-2015, 02:59 PM
What about the small Mercedes suv. Start out leasing than buy it.. If she falls in love with it.

Sure as long as you agree to pay the difference.🤑lol.

GSKR
12-26-2015, 03:44 PM
I got a new ml,and 2 codes popped up already pita to bring it to the dealer. Mb and bmw are Christmas tree cars with all the codes on the dash,I would stay away,this is my second ml with the same promblems.I only got this one because of the deal on a lease not a promblem free car.

GenesisCoupe
12-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Whichever vehicle she chooses don't let her buy a white or silver color. You'll end up bored to death trying to make it pop.
Get a burgundy 1!

Thanks All!

Eldorado2k - unfortunately she wants it to be in white! But that's okay, i'll slap a coating on it the day after the purchase.

She drives about 10-15 miles per day 5 days a week. Her 2010 Matrix has 36k miles on it or so.

The car has to be new, and unfortunately a BMW or a Merc will not be an affordable car long term.

I have been hearing great things about the Mazda CX-5 so i am leaning towards that as well as the Hyundai. I am on my 2nd Hyundai and had zero issues with either one of them.