PDA

View Full Version : pad & chat question

Ricorocks
12-26-2015, 12:35 PM
using the chart: This pad matches the color, but the Y-axis, says "gold foam" so is the pic of the blue pad "Ultra Finishing"?????

chuckk
12-26-2015, 03:49 PM
The red, blue and gold are all for finishing. It's just that the gold foam is the softest on the market. I usually use any of them for my lsp.

Paul A.
12-26-2015, 04:34 PM
The colors used on that chart don't correspond to the actual colors of the pad. Do you mean the extreme right side of the x axis?

Ricorocks
12-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Glad I asked! Seems they should revise the chart so the colors match, the pads

Thanks

chuckk
12-26-2015, 05:01 PM
The "x-axis" represents the pad colour...

Ricorocks
12-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Got IT! Thanks!

For my 2nd coat Colinite 476s, I was thinking ultra finishing pad. Either

LC Smart Pad Blue, I also have crimson red

or

CG BUFX_107HEX6
Note matched the part number CG's pad, but the color sure doesn't match, on line pic.

Anyway which do you think, cor coat 2?

Thanks

X-axis color "wording", corresponds to Y-axis wording.

dlc95
12-26-2015, 09:23 PM
The red he is the softest of those you mentioned, followed by the blue, and then crimson - assuming you're referring to the crimson hydrotech.

dcjredline
12-27-2015, 12:03 AM
Yeah, that isnt the Lake Country chart and it will not help you pick out a pad from Lake Country. According to that chart red is the most agressive and LC reds (flat ones) have no cutting ability. That chart also doesnt have LC's white or black in it. I would disregard that chart all together.

Where did you get that chart?

dlc95
12-27-2015, 01:22 AM
Yeah, that isnt the Lake Country chart and it will not help you pick out a pad from Lake Country. According to that chart red is the most agressive and LC reds (flat ones) have no cutting ability. That chart also doesnt have LC's white or black in it. I would disregard that chart all together.

Where did you get that chart?

I agree. That one is all messed up.

Ricorocks
12-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Geez! I printed onto photopaper 8 x 10 & inserted in my 3 ring binder on detailing. The chart is a head scratch er for sure.

Got it from here:

Buffing & Polishing Application Guide Chart | Lake Country Manufacturing (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/applicationguide/chart/)

Chart colors do not represent aggressiveness!!! Chart printed words correspond to aggressiveness.

From least aggressive to more aggressive from the chart:

Least #1 Gold
#2 Red & Blue
#3 Black
#4 White

Most aggressive foam (chart) is purple & yellow, which is 2000 grit abrasive.