PDA

View Full Version : What not to do with a polisher :)

Pages : [1] 2

Calendyr
12-26-2015, 12:12 AM
I watch this guy's video when I am bored. He is pretty entertaining.

He purchases cars in horrible condition at auctions, clean them up as best he can and resell them. These are not show cars, the paint is flaking on most of the cars I have seen and he doesn't bring them back to perfect condition either.

Anyhow, in this video he has an employee that has no idea what he is doing. I have seen a few videos with him and cannot believe he has not been fired.

It's actually funny to see how dumb he is around a car ;)

Anyway, he can't wash a car correctly, so what do you think he will do to a car with a rotary polisher? Watch and find out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaZfDqwhGdE

VISITOR
12-26-2015, 12:39 AM
let's face it, yes there are many unskilled/detailers that have no clue as to what they are doing and hack cars all day long (do not have high standards like most all of us on here). the thing is posting this kinda of stuff and having a lot of negative comments to follow is going to get this thread locked...

custmsprty
12-26-2015, 12:50 AM
let's face it, yes there are many unskilled/detailers that have no clue as to what they are doing and hack cars all day long (do not have high standards like most all of us on here). the thing is posting this kinda of stuff and having a lot of negative comments to follow is going to get this thread locked...

:dblthumb2:

You said it, we've seen these types of posts before. So why take up space posting another one. :close1:

dlc95
12-26-2015, 12:51 AM
For me, it's like those kids that go on you tube, and watch others play video games. I enjoy a couple few minutes just watching people put their machines to use.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-26-2015, 04:03 AM

You said it, we've seen these types of posts before. So why take up space posting another one. :close1:

:iagree: :lock:

Heisenberg
12-26-2015, 09:55 AM

:iagree:

ducksfan
12-26-2015, 11:05 AM
:iagree:

Well, you better close down most of the site if that's your justification.

Heisenberg
12-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Well, you better close down most of the site if that's your justification.

How do you figure? Most of this site is dedicated to helping people and talking detailing, not posting videos in an effort to mock or point out people who dont share typical enthusiasm or techniques.

DetailGroove
12-26-2015, 03:33 PM
Well that was funny

watched about 20 seconds of it

Calendyr
12-26-2015, 04:50 PM
How do you figure? Most of this site is dedicated to helping people and talking detailing, not posting videos in an effort to mock or point out people who dont share typical enthusiasm or techniques.

Well if you want to help people, showing what not to do is as important, if not more Important that showing what to do. Humans learn from mistakes a lot more than we do by doing proper things.

Besides, it's funny to watch ;)

Quote: "How did you manage to do this to the paint? I took the buffer sideways and rubbed it on the paint" ROFLMAO ;)

FUNX650
12-26-2015, 05:14 PM
Well if you want to help people, showing what not to do is as important, if not more Important that showing what to do. Humans learn from mistakes a lot more than we do by doing proper things.

Besides, it's funny to watch ;)

Quote: "How did you manage to do this to the paint? I took the buffer sideways and rubbed it on the paint" ROFLMAO ;)
Thanks for sharing. :xyxthumbs:

I appreciate watching contrasting styles that people
incorporate into their detailing processes/method/etc.

Bob

ducksfan
12-26-2015, 07:37 PM

Read the statement you posted (not your thoughts) and then read my post again. What I posted might be a little clearer that way.

Heisenberg
12-27-2015, 01:38 AM
It's actually funny to see how dumb he is around a car ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaZfDqwhGdE

"4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all, this also includes talking to others in a demeaning manner.

REMEMBER this forum is here for those that are new to detailing and those that have been doing this for years. We expect that you treat everyone with respect no matter what their level of detailing is. We all had to start somewhere."

I might find this a little more funny if it hadn't been posted here plenty of times before. Same guy, always doing something goofy with the buffer or something else. It's just a little tiresome.

Calendyr
12-27-2015, 04:59 AM
I might find this a little more funny if it hadn't been posted here plenty of times before. Same guy, always doing something goofy with the buffer or something else. It's just a little tiresome.

I can understand you don't enjoy this kind of videos. Then again with the description I posted it was really clear what it was... so why click the link if you don't enjoy that sort of thing?

Paul A.
12-27-2015, 10:04 AM
I will admit to watching darn near anything detailing related online. I will also admit to watching a bunch of this guys stuff however always with my "live and let live" perspective. It works for him and i simply watch silently and think of how i (and we) would do it differently. That's all. I will never bash anyone as its not within my character. We all have different approaches, techniques, points of view, preferred products and all of that from a "what works for me" perspective. This guy also has that mindset and is running a business the way he wants. I appreciate that at the same time recognizing how i would do it so much differently.

The reason i watch many videos like his is that i have come to appreciate how what i perceive as the negative lessons in life being as valuable if not moreso than the positive experiences. Every once in a while i like to remind myself how i think i have adopted the proper methods and approaches and cement my committment to the light side vs. the dark side by watching "different" approaches.

That is all.