PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Int. Protectant from windshield

willowcat11
12-25-2015, 06:48 PM
I was detailing my car today and accidentally got Ultimate Protectant on the inside of my windshield. I have tried using Stoner's Invisible glass over and over, Windex over and over, Megs APC, Vinegar, and IPA. And no matter what I tried I cannot get that stuff off of the windshield.

Thanks a ton, and I Hope that you all are having a Blessed Christmas!

Ray

GSKR
12-25-2015, 07:59 PM
It might of penetrated the glass itself.How long has it been there before you decided to clean it?

Eldorado2k
12-25-2015, 08:16 PM
According to Meguiars, a microfiber towel w/plain water should remove it because it's a water based product. Of course you may find that hard to believe at this moment, and I don't blame you. Lol.

GSKR
12-25-2015, 08:22 PM
According to Meguiars, a microfiber towel w/plain water should remove it because it's a water based product. Of course you may find that hard to believe at this moment, and I don't blame you. Lol.

He exhausted every option already.I think it dried into the glass I've had that done to me twice back in the early 90 s .

GSKR
12-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Try rubbing it with some compound or polish with no fillers in it.

willowcat11
12-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Unfortunately it has been on there for a while. I did part detail my car today, cleaning the windows and reapplying Interior Protectant.

But 2 weeks ago I wanted to test a couple kinds on my dash to see how they compared, and at that time I got it on the inside of the Windshield.

So I'm not sure how much of a difference 2 weeks of it being on there
would make, but that's how long its been on there.

Tomorrow morning I will do as you guys have said and then reply later in the day.

Do you think Ultimate Compound or Polish could work?

Eldorado2k
12-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Compound

GSKR
12-25-2015, 09:48 PM
The sun probably accelerated the product to bake in the glass.I would try anything or everything .maybe some ceriglass would help.

Eldorado2k
12-25-2015, 09:52 PM
Any pictures?

willowcat11
12-25-2015, 09:56 PM
Eldorado2K, Thanks for answering on the UC! My car is outside in the dark, I don't have a garage, I'll try to take some photos with the flash on, but if they don't come out I will take some in the morning before I do anything to it.

willowcat11
12-25-2015, 09:57 PM
The sun probably accelerated the product to bake in the glass.I would try anything or everything .maybe some ceriglass would help.

That doesn't sound good!

Nappers
12-25-2015, 10:57 PM
I've used all wheel/tire cleaner with good sucess.

truzoom
12-25-2015, 11:25 PM
Found this on the Amazon page for the product in the Q&A section:

Question: Once it has dried onto glass surfaces, how do you remove it?
Answer: apply a small amount of the ultimate protectant to a microfiber and rewipe the area to soften it up then go over with a clean towel and glass cleaner.
usually just glass cleaner will NOT remove the dried on streaks, unless its an abrasive glass cleaner polish. even non abrasive glass polishes like duragloss nu-glass did not completely remove the thick dried on streaks. maybe it would with more polishing but i didnt want to get white residue on the rubber trim.
best bet is to use this in areas not adjacent to painted panels or glass. i save this product for doing mudflaps and stuff like that now. see less
By Art Vandalay on May 8, 2015

willowcat11
12-26-2015, 12:30 AM
Thank you guys for the tire cleaner suggestion, and the good Q&A from Amazon. I will try everything till it's off my windshield.

Wait a second!!! Art Vandalay!!! That ain't right, that's one of George Castanza's characters. lol