PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Favorite Rubber Seal Product

spewking
12-25-2015, 08:40 AM
What's your favorite? Gummifledge? 303 protectant? DG531? UTTG? Other?

I am about to clean and protect mine for winter.

There has been lots written on the forum especially about 1zGF, but I am seeking your choice and why --performance, durability, etc.

BTW, I used Meg's #39 for the first time and it worked great to clean off old built up wax off seals. Give it a try.

Thanks, David

BillyJack
12-25-2015, 09:19 AM
I'll be interested in hearing different options.
For years I've been using aerosol silicone lube on all my door & jamb w/strips to keep them soft and non-sticking for winter on a DD parked outside. Last winter I went with 303 and was a bit disappointed in its durability. For this year's winter prep, I've used DG253, based on how well it fared on my tires through the year. I wasn't aware of DG531. Is it longer lasting than 253?

Bill

MarkD51
12-25-2015, 09:35 AM
I myself love Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant. Everything about this product to me, is superior to all others I've tried, including the Gummi stuff in the applicator bottle.

For weatherstrip, I like it much better than Carpro PERL as well, as it lasts.

spewking
12-25-2015, 10:50 AM
I just bought some of the WETS too after falling in love the Wolfgang Sealant!! Should have listed it above too. Maybe WETS will be the product I go to this winter! Thanks for the feedback!

FUNX650
12-25-2015, 11:06 AM
If you follow-up the Meguiar's M39 cleaning step
with either Meguiar's M40, Optimum's Opti-Bond,
or 303AP...you won't be disappointed, IMO.

Bob

BadgerRivFan
12-25-2015, 11:45 AM
I've been using Poorboys Natural Look to clean and protect my rubber trim in one easy step. Recently purchased both GF and WETS which will likely be a bit more durable than Natural Look though I expect.

Love the versatility of PB Natural Look and it smells great too!

usmcpab
12-25-2015, 11:46 AM
WETS and Blackfire total trim and tire sealant

Kamakaz1961
12-25-2015, 12:09 PM
For me I have 3 that I like the best.

For trim and exterior: Solution Finish IMO the best for trim.

2. Wolfgang's and Blackfire's Trim and tire seal. Both are a toss-up so both are my favorite for tires.

dlc95
12-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Meguiar's M40.

BillE
12-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Agree with "BillyJack", spray silicone.

Spray on a 'towel' and wipe the rubber.

Bill

GSKR
12-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Pledge furniture oil has a citrus scent and doesn't run when wet.

AMarkham40
12-26-2015, 02:54 PM
I've used Ultima Tire & Trim Guard (old & new formula) & Blackfire Total Tire & Trim Sealant.

I prefer the old formula of UTTG but unfortunately it's no longer available. I just tried the new water based formula the other week so time will tell.

Application wise UTTG is much easier to apply than Blackfire Trim Sealant, IMO. For whatever reason I have a heck of time applying the Blackfire. As I'm rubbing the product on it will "flash" over & start to flake off. If I apply more product it will blend back in but I fight this constantly. I tried misting water on my applicator & it helped somewhat but I still have a hard time applying it. The UTTG wipes on easily & looks great after a quick buff.