PDA

View Full Version : How long to work HD Speed?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mike Honcho
12-23-2015, 11:00 PM
Gonna use HD Speed for the first time Saturday on a Lexus. How long do I work it? (Using a DA polisher with HydroTech pads.)

Mike Honcho
12-23-2015, 11:03 PM
Almost forgot. Might top it with Poxy for extra pop/protection.

Audios S6
12-23-2015, 11:12 PM
I normally use the 21 with either a UHS or yellow pad and do 2 correction type passes and 1 burnishing pass.

That's more a matter of the amount of time I allow based on what I charge for an AIO. I have done 4 correction passes and 2 burnishing passes, when I was first testing it out, but I did find that the pads gummed up more.

custmsprty
12-23-2015, 11:14 PM
I usually do 4-6 passes per section. And I definitely recommend the extra step with Poxy, it adds months of extra protection and tons of depth. What I do is half the car with Speed, as it's cured by then I wipe it off and apply Poxy, then go on to the other half with Speed. Then I do the do the tires and wipe down the door jambs etc. All the while the Speed and Poxy are curing. I go remove the Speed, apply Poxy. When I'm done applying Poxy I go back and remove the other coat of Poxy. Works pretty well for me. I can usually knock out a mid size sedan in about 4-4-1/2 hours hours including washing it.

Note: If I were to only use Speed I would let it cure on the entire vehicle completely to make sure I get the full benefit of the protection. Since I use Poxy in most cases it's not as important. I machine apply Poxy with my Rupes Mini with a Blue or Black 4" Finishing Pad

Mike Honcho
12-23-2015, 11:24 PM
Great tips, guys! Thanks!

Mike Phillips
12-23-2015, 11:25 PM
I usually do 4-6 passes per section.

I agree.

KISS

:)

LSNAutoDetailing
12-24-2015, 07:14 AM
Great tips, guys! Thanks!

Mike, be sure to do a test spot first before doing the entire car. You'll see if your getting adequate correction.

You'll love speed.

ViperGuy21
12-24-2015, 10:19 AM
I've got a bottle of this heading my way soon. Can't wait to try it out! What kind of pads are you guys using with this? Cutting, polishing, or finishing?(I've never used an AIO before)

Pats300zx
12-24-2015, 11:02 AM
I've got a bottle of this heading my way soon. Can't wait to try it out! What kind of pads are you guys using with this? Cutting, polishing, or finishing?(I've never used an AIO before)

I have had great success with a Buff and Shine green pad.

Justin at Final Inspection
12-24-2015, 11:13 AM
I have used this with white and orange CCS pads and the new orange and white LC pro thin pads with great success. The guys are right, 4-6 passes.

ski2
12-24-2015, 11:33 AM
4-6 passes with a B&S orange pad works wonders on hard VW clear. If I'm not topping with Poxy I'll do the whole car then wipe off. Seem to get better durability this way.

You can always use a quick coat of HD Express to increase the durability and amp up the shine.

Mike Honcho
12-24-2015, 11:33 AM
I only have HydroTech pads. Gonna try it with their tangerine pad.

custmsprty
12-24-2015, 11:38 AM
4-6 passes with a B&S orange pad works wonders on hard VW clear. If I'm not topping with Poxy I'll do the whole car then wipe off. Seem to get better durability this way.

You can always use a quick coat of HD Express to increase the durability and amp up the shine.

:iagree::iagree:

I pretty much use orange B & S or LC pads exclusively with Speed.

roguegeek
12-24-2015, 12:29 PM
I'll agree with everyone here. I go 4-6 passes. If the panel I'm working on needs a little more correction, I'll just add some pressure in the beginning after spreading the product and then lighten up for the finishing passes at the end.

roguegeek
12-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Almost forgot. Might top it with Poxy for extra pop/protection.

Why? The entire point of an AIO is that it's done all in one step. If you're doing two steps, why not just use a proper polish?