PDA

View Full Version : How to remove a scratch from a headlamp

kevincol
12-23-2015, 03:54 AM
I have a 2016 Corvette. Someone scratched my headlamp casing and I would like to know the best way to remove that scratch without adding swirl marks to the headlamp casing.

All the headlamp products I see are about removing yellow and clouding. Since the car is new, I don't have that problem.

So, looking for advice or product recommendation to remove the scratches that some ding-dong put on to my headlamp casing.

7.3powerstroke
12-23-2015, 05:46 AM
Can you post some pictures of the problem?

WaxMaster1
12-23-2015, 06:34 AM
Can you post some pictures of the problem?

+1

Mantilgh
12-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Since it is new you might just want to polish it some to try to reduce its appearance. If you sand to remove the scratch it may reduce or remove some of the factory coating. If the coating is removed it will cloud up or yellow quicker.

I say try a polish at first. If that doesn't remove it enough then try a compound. If you are still not happy with the results, then sand enough to remove it, compound, polish, then coat with something like Opti-Lens to protect.

kevincol
12-24-2015, 03:16 AM
Here is the picture of the scratch. It is at the front of the headlamp.

JamMaster Jay
12-24-2015, 03:30 PM
I was born in Bowling Green, KY. which automatically makes me a corvette fiend. I would hunt down whoever did this and scratch them up if you know what I mean!
I don't have a solution for you but badass and congrats on the '16 Vette!

kevincol
12-24-2015, 09:10 PM
I was born in Bowling Green, KY. which automatically makes me a corvette fiend. I would hunt down whoever did this and scratch them up if you know what I mean!

Yes.... the XMas spirit has been with me towards the undiscovered culprit!