PDA

View Full Version : Roadrash on White Wheels

time007
12-22-2015, 12:41 AM
I was going to buy these wheels, but I wondered would there be any way to fix this road rash? I saw some road rash fix guides, but those were for silver aluminum wheels. I wasn't sure how it would work with these white ones. Could i just use the touch up paint from the dealership or could i dip it?

asianisafish
12-22-2015, 01:20 AM
I have aluminum wheels that were silver. I've painted them white myself. Those wheels look like paint. So what's going to happen is the paint will flake as the aluminum that's exposed corroded and oxidizes, the paint on top will being it flake and peel. You have to clean them really well. Like really well. As dirt, oil, brake dust, tar, sand is all lodged in the gouges of the curb rash. Then you have the sand smooth or smoother, then apply touch up paint, wetsand, touch up paint, wetsand, clear coat.

time007
12-22-2015, 02:12 AM
I have aluminum wheels that were silver. I've painted them white myself. Those wheels look like paint. So what's going to happen is the paint will flake as the aluminum that's exposed corroded and oxidizes, the paint on top will being it flake and peel. You have to clean them really well. Like really well. As dirt, oil, brake dust, tar, sand is all lodged in the gouges of the curb rash. Then you have the sand smooth or smoother, then apply touch up paint, wetsand, touch up paint, wetsand, clear coat.

ok so the tools i need is

1. clear coat spray
2. touch up paint (like the one i got from the dealer that i use on my cars paint)
3. sand paper? (i'm a newb) could i do this by hand? just sand the area with the rash, then do the touch up process you mentioned above? how many hours would i be doing this by hand?

i just need to hit that area that is effected right i wont have to redo the whole wheel or anything right?