PDA

View Full Version : Tornador Users...

zmcgovern45
12-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Hoping someone can fill me in on the secret.

Black vs Classic? What's the difference?

The tornador site lists identical specs for both tools...
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/AttentiontoDetailingPeoria/12375172_10153820092377363_1347683915490843498_o_z ps6nqy97on.jpg

...yet claims the black has twice the cleaning power, uses less air, and is quieter. So I'm confused.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/AttentiontoDetailingPeoria/12366357_10153820091102363_5239913142809950581_n_z psm49wovs2.jpg

Also - I've only got a 20 Gal compressor with 4.2 CFM @ 90 PSI... enough for occasional use? or don't bother?

This looks like a great little tool for quick and easy stain removal. I don't do much interior work (maybe a few jobs each year), but want something that I can use for the occasional stain removal and cleaning of seats,doors, floor mats. I am tired of scrubbing.

Personal reviews/opinions/regrets also welcome.

Thanks!

FinishingTouchA
12-21-2015, 12:43 PM
Get the black, it's an amazing tool. The classic doesn't have near the cleaning power, wears out quickly, and requires more cfm.

zmcgovern45
12-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Get the black, it's an amazing tool. The classic doesn't have near the cleaning power, wears out quickly, and requires more cfm.

Can you help me understand why? As I show above... both tools show the same air consumption requirements... what about the black makes it clean that much better? Will I really notice a difference in wear if I use the thing a handful of times each year?

WAXOFF
12-21-2015, 03:28 PM
Get the Black. It works much better and is more durable. I've seen the other one and the internal tube just looks cheap to me. I use this on every car. Some people hate them but this is one of the best things I've bought IMHO. The Black has a tube mounted in a seal ball bearing set up.

ryandamartini
12-21-2015, 06:44 PM
Can you help me understand why? As I show above... both tools show the same air consumption requirements... what about the black makes it clean that much better? Will I really notice a difference in wear if I use the thing a handful of times each year?

I've used both. The black is certainly better. The classic relied on the tube to rocket around the inside of the cone to give its tornado style spray. This causes a lot of mechanical wear and tear. The black is a fixed piece on a bearing system. With less mechanical resistance, less CFM will do the same job if not better.

I think that there's no real place for the classic other than to deplete replacement parts on the manufacturers side really.. The black works better, uses less cfm, and overall has a better system than the classic providing its tornado spray pattern.

zmcgovern45
12-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Thanks!

LSNAutoDetailing
12-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Zach, Been meaning to answer this post but got too busy.
I have the Tornador Black, long 20' air hose and a Husky 8 Gal, 4.0 SCFM, 125PSI 1.5HP air compressor.

I love the Tornador. It's uses are endless and I haven't really explored all of them. I know Darren has a series of YouTube videos on his uses.
I use it for interior, doors, door jambs, pedals, dash, steering wheel, vents, plastic trims, a-pillers, b-pillers, and it will even do head-liners.

On fabrics (such as head liners) you can get grease stains out, then switch to air mode, and it will dry the spot completely.

It's great for the console, cup holders, arm rest compartments, compartments in the doors. I literally use it on everything in the interior.

You can use water, APC (10:1) ratio for interiors, I think Daren has some videos on using it with tires, wheels, etc.

If you get it, make sure you get a breather mask when working in the interior of a car. Or else you'll be breathing APC particles and whatever else it is eviscerating.

Hope this helps.

zmcgovern45
12-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Thanks Paul! I'm planning to buy the black and the vacuum attachment.

Great to hear you're loving yours!