Pages : [1] 2

stateguy
12-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Has anyone tried chemical guys New Car Smell air freshener
How long will it last and does it really have that new car smell to it
Or is there another prroduct that is better

11Silverado
12-20-2015, 09:14 AM
I haven't tried that particular scent, but in my experience it will last about a week if that.

Muddyoldgoat
12-20-2015, 09:36 AM
:iagree:
I used other scents from CG. They have all been overly strong at first and then gone in a matter of days.

willyray18
12-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Nothing about it is "new car" smell. In my opinion, it smells like chemicals. Instead I have the strawberry margarita scent and I live it!

jcaustin87
12-20-2015, 10:05 AM
It smells like burned plastic (think soldering iron with silver solder when you get to an XLR pin too hot it melts the connector slightly.) with yet a fresh and sweet smell. I find it delightful actually and reminds me of a new car after the initial sprays set in. I find it keeps my new car smell enough for people to keep asking after 3 months if I go get a new car every week.

Their scents of both leather and new car don't last long. Though I find if I have several straight days of application it lingers longer even after the last app.

spewking
12-20-2015, 10:21 AM
It smells like burned plastic (think soldering iron with silver solder when you get to an XLR pin too hot it melts the connector slightly.) with yet a fresh and sweet smell. I find it delightful actually and reminds me of a new car after the initial sprays set in. I find it keeps my new car smell enough for people to keep asking after 3 months if I go get a new car every week.

Their scents of both leather and new car don't last long. Though I find if I have several straight days of application it lingers longer even after the last app.

My experience as well. I am not fond of strong smells generally, so once this calms down its nice...sweet, not 100% like a new car smell but has elements of such and is pleasant.

bill walsh
12-20-2015, 10:25 AM
i have a buddy that has50 new car scent christmas trees in his truck

Pats300zx
12-20-2015, 11:06 AM
I have a 16 oz bottle of CG New Car scent. It's not bad. It last for about a week. Not overpowering.

FUNX650
12-20-2015, 11:19 AM
New car smell:
Just VOCs doing their thing.

'I love the smell of VOCs outgassing in the morning'

I sure wouldn't buy a "car-freshener"
that tries to emulate, or duplicate,
the new car smell.

Bob

MikeC78
12-20-2015, 11:24 AM
Yes. I use the outgassing of the anus to give me that special new car smell. Clients and family always ask how I keep it new. They never believe me.

EzyBrzy
12-20-2015, 11:32 AM
I have the stripper scent from CG. It last a couple days. Fades pretty quickly but it's a spray, so can't expect it to last a while. You just keep spraying. . .

jms493
12-20-2015, 12:40 PM
i just picked up the Purple Stuff for my Jeep...smells nice but fades quickly. CG scent stuff is overpriced...only buy on sale.

davidc
12-20-2015, 03:07 PM
I have been using this line. It has only been a Month but still working fine
Duo 2-in-1 Auto Air Fresheners, car odor eliminators (http://www.autogeek.net/duo-2-in-1-air-fresheners.html)

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/duo-gel-air-freshener.jpg

Dave

DaveT435
12-20-2015, 04:37 PM
If the car has definite odors your trying to get rid of long term the CarPros So2Pure is the way to go. It will eliminate odors for months or permanently. Got rid of smoke smell in a car that had been smoked in for about four years. Leaves kind of like a spearmint scent...

RMM
12-20-2015, 08:10 PM
New car smell:
Just VOCs doing their thing.

'I love the smell of VOCs outgassing in the morning'

I sure wouldn't buy a "car-freshener"
that tries to emulate, or duplicate,
the new car smell.

Bob

I was expecting Kilgore's quote...you didn't let me down! :props: