PDA

View Full Version : Which paint coating ?

Pages : [1] 2

sshazam
12-20-2015, 01:33 AM
Hello all,

I have to decide which paint coating to get for my car but i'm struggling to figure out what the difference between all the brands are. The car is a silver Kia Optima.

Something easy to apply and has top notch protection as it will be applied to a daily driver which isn't garaged.
If I can get something which has deep gloss and shine that would be great, but the main concern is easy of application and protection.

Thank you for the help !

The Guz
12-20-2015, 02:52 AM
Hello all,

I have to decide which paint coating to get for my car but i'm struggling to figure out what the difference between all the brands are. The car is a silver Kia Optima.

Something easy to apply and has top notch protection as it will be applied to a daily driver which isn't garaged.
If I can get something which has deep gloss and shine that would be great, but the main concern is easy of application and protection.

Thank you for the help !

I just use the new version of Gloss Coat and I have to say it's pretty darn easy to use. I have also used Pinnacle Black Label which is even easier.

Mike@ShineStruck
12-20-2015, 06:00 AM
Im.stuck between new glosscoat and WG uber ceramic

sshazam
12-20-2015, 06:53 AM
I just use the new version of Gloss Coat and I have to say it's pretty darn easy to use. I have also used Pinnacle Black Label which is even easier.
Which of those two do you find to be better in terms of protection e.g scratching, beading and dirt repelling etc?

Im.stuck between new glosscoat and WG uber ceramic

I'm currently tossing up between Opti Gloss and DP

Ebg18t
12-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Which of those two do you find to be better in terms of protection e.g scratching, beading and dirt repelling etc?

I'm currently tossing up between Opti Gloss and DP

I'd also look at the WG Uber. I think you can skip the DP.

sshazam
12-22-2015, 01:32 AM
I'd also look at the WG Uber. I think you can skip the DP.

Why do you say skip the DP ?

The Guz
12-22-2015, 02:03 AM

I can't help you here as I just recently used both products. From using PBL V2 it's beading looks good.

dansam41
12-22-2015, 10:51 PM
dont recommend dp coating because on a daily driver it will not last very long gloss coat way better

tdekany
12-23-2015, 03:35 AM
Gloss Coat from me as well.

7.3powerstroke
12-23-2015, 05:47 AM
Cant go wrong with Gloss Coat

07rs
12-23-2015, 06:14 AM
I have gloss coat on my WRX and DP on my wife's Lancer, I have noticed the gloss coat is more dust repellant and easier to clean.

silverfox
12-23-2015, 06:23 AM
Dr G nailed it.

jaimz11
12-23-2015, 07:57 AM
I've got 40cc's of Gloss Coat waiting to be used so you know my answer :)

expdetailing
12-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Not to highjack this thread, but if OP chooses gloss coat, what is a good topper/rejuvenater for gc?

MikeC78
12-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Wolfgang Uber can be applied to glass, which Is not recommended for glosscoat. Uber also claims 3 years, not 2. In other words, I feel Uber is better reading the descriptions online. I just have yet to use either one?

I do have a BN tube of OC 2.0 sitting around. I'm unsure if it's enough product for a large full size SUV? Might save that for the GF's small car.