PDA

View Full Version : Pillars

Ricorocks
12-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Don't remember seeing this before:

Just finished polish phase using M-205 using my new Flex, what a machine, WOW!

I did my plastic pillars using G110 & M205, with 3 inch tangerine pad. Wipe it off & th process of wiping appeared to leave scratch, wipe what looks like a scratch real hard & it goes away. Looked at the roof & tiny bit of splatter, quick wipe & now it looks like long tiny scratches, rub real hard & gone. Tried Menzera Final Inspection, not so good at, removing the not scratches, but scratch like streaks. Used Meg QD red, & a little better.

Why is this happening.

Also pillar cobwebs, on my Audi, just gentle force from G110, removed M205 was perhaps overkill, so did it again with sf4000.

I think when the pillars look nice, streaks all gone, I'll apply 2 coats of CG's Jet Seal. Even gentle, I could swear, I smelt plastic burn smell

Eldorado2k
12-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Sounds alot like my experience as far as what you're describing with the wierd side effects while trying to wipe off. It happened initially but I adjusted my pressure and wasn't too much of problem after that. I should've polished my pillars a long time ago because they look much better now.

Unlike your pillars, mine were crazy hard and I had to use as much pressure as possible on the highest speed w/M105.