PDA

View Full Version : Topping Essence with wax?

FinishingTouchA
12-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Doing a black 69 mustang (bad repaint, making it decent until it gets repainted) it won't see the elements ever so no real need for a coating (and the costs associated with it). Corrected with FG400 on microfiber, finishing with Essence on Orange LC HD orbital. Should I lsp with reload or top with WG Fusion? I've found reload isn't the most user friendly on black vehicles (tends to streak) but wondering what you guys think?

ronkh57
12-19-2015, 04:28 PM
<---- Def NOT a reload fan

Fuzion it is

FinishingTouchA
12-19-2015, 04:31 PM
I love reload for its hydrophobic properties, but this car won't see anything but a rinseless wash. Essence is finishing out amazing so I'm excited to see if Fusion can even add any more depth

dpk20x
12-19-2015, 04:39 PM
I don't have a ton of experience with reload but it went on incredibly easy over Essence for me. Just a couple light sprays on the towel, spread it in, then a quick final buff with another towel. No streaks over here.

I'd vote for trying a small panel with reload. See if application is any easier going over Essence.

FinishingTouchA
12-19-2015, 04:47 PM
I don't have a ton of experience with reload but it went on incredibly easy over Essence for me. Just a couple light sprays on the towel, spread it in, then a quick final buff with another towel. No streaks over here.

I'd vote for trying a small panel with reload. See if application is any easier going over Essence.

Nice, I'll try it first I guess. I think my issue has always been temperature, summer was 100 degrees and right now it's 45.. I'm sure I works great in 60-80 degree temps.

dpk20x
12-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Yeah good point on the temps. For what it's worth I think it was in the mid to low fifties when I did my truck

FUNX650
12-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Essence is finishing out amazing

so I'm excited to see if Fusion
can even add any more depth
It probably won't hurt topping Essence with
a Hybrid finishing product such as:
Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax.

I'd first apply it on a "Test Spot", though,
before I would apply it to wherever the
Essence has already been applied.

Bob

RFrommann
12-19-2015, 05:40 PM
i absolutely LOVE the results of essence and reload.

i recently did a black pearl bmw, which came out AWESOME!

here's the link to more photos: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7qGR3hzLQiOc1MzX01tc1UxaVE&usp=sharing

AGOatemywallet
12-20-2015, 12:45 AM
If it won't see the elements ever...polish with M205 and use Fuzion or Sovereign

Loach
12-20-2015, 06:53 AM
Fuzion and Reload are separated by much different characteristics. Fuzion is very easy to work with - you might see less spectacular beading in the long term, and Reload is more prone to its heavy residual oils and possibly more noticeable streaking but you should see excellent beading in the short term.

silverfox
12-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Please make it stop.