PDA

View Full Version : No Spoilers Allowed: The Force Awakens

Pages : [1] 2

kevincwelch
12-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Ok. Who's seen it?

I saw it last night and thought it was pretty good. Paid homage to the original trilogy with a focus on a new story line. Good acting. A sense of style and humanism was injected into the film. It wasn't overly focused on CGI like I, II and III were, but obviously CGI was critical to the movie.

Jar Jar Binks was killer in this film.... J/K.

(Sent via my mobile device)

tenblade2001
12-19-2015, 11:41 AM
I thought it was excellent and I'm a huge fan. I thought it was well acted, good pacing (mix of action and story) and interesting plot. Adam Driver was much better than expected. I had my doubts when he was cast, but he was phenomenal.

kevincwelch
12-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Driver was great; I agree. He doesn't engender the sense of fear that Vader did, but I suspect that may be a factor of the time in which IV came out and the aura surrounding Vader. However, I think they did a great job of making him a compelling misguided evil character without making him a complete evil psycho.

I'm a big fan as well, and I actually thought I, II and III were ok, but they obviously fell way short of expectations.

I knew this movie would never replace the original trilogy for me, but I left the theater feeling very satisfied and will definitely be seeing it again in the theater with my family. (I had to see it on opening night to avoid the inevitable draw towards reading the reviews.)

tenblade2001
12-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Have read any of the EU stuff? (not cannon anymore).

kevincwelch
12-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Timothy Zahn series. Tales of bounty hunters. Handful of comics. Not much else.

FUNX650
12-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Good film...
I especially liked the part where, after getting
married to that hooker Locklear, Kirk is promoted
to full-partner status at a Boston law firm. :dblthumb2:

Bob

Eldorado2k
12-19-2015, 03:17 PM
I especially liked the part where, after getting

married to that hooker Locklear, Kirk is promoted

to full-partner status at a Boston law firm.

Bob

That was my favorite part too!

TheAverageMan
12-19-2015, 03:58 PM
Movie was great, totally enjoyed how the Jar Jar binks theory was true, that he IS the Sith Lord, all goofy and stuff like Yoda..........JK..........or not........ lulz.

Bunky
12-19-2015, 04:51 PM
I was never a real star wars fan. I did like the 1st set more than the second. I will catch it on cable. The reviews make it less campy as some movies were so that is a plus.

willowcat11
12-19-2015, 04:55 PM
I've always been a huge fan of Star Wars, especially the original 3. Honestly cannot say how many times I have watched those movies. Never gets old. I wasn't a big fan of the last 3, way TOO much CGI,and jar jar binks. The last one was the better of the last three though, when we got to see how Anikan turns into vader full blown.

As for the New film, it did a great homage to the original 3 movies, and it's characters. Like some of you said, I thought Adam driver did a surprisingly great job. I look forward to seeing it again with family and friends.

Misterpaul
12-19-2015, 08:04 PM
I've only seen the first three movies ...

Calendyr
12-19-2015, 11:14 PM
Saw it last night in 3D. I am at the theatre right now to see it again in non-3D. The 3D is really bad in this movie. The movie itself is a 8/10 for me.

feslope
12-20-2015, 12:04 AM
Saw it last night in 3D. I am at the theatre right now to see it again in non-3D. The 3D is really bad in this movie. I don't know that I would call the 3D bad but, it sure did not contribute anything other than the need to wear the uncomfortable glasses and adding $4.00 to the cost of the ticket.

Calendyr
12-20-2015, 03:50 PM
The are a lot of visual glitches in the 3D version. Double chins on characters comes to mind, out of focus parts of the images, it is really distracting. After seeing it again in non-3D, I can tell you the experience was much better.

Jaretr1
12-22-2015, 01:53 PM
I think part of what makes this series such a cultural icon is the fact its been such a long time between trilogies. I read Disney now plans to release a new Star Wars movie every year or two forever. In my opinion, it will probably kill the magic that these films are. I am rewatching the original trilogy before I head to the theater, but I am looking forward to it.