PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars D4510 - Plastic & Vinyl Coating Review

Pages : [1] 2

Eldorado2k
12-17-2015, 07:46 AM
Here's a quik review of a product that rarely ever gets mentioned. I figure it might be so rarely talked about that some people who are a bit new might not even know it exists.. So here it is, Meguiars D4510.

This little aerosol spray trim "coating" is quite a valuable tool to have in the arsenal as it makes those little finishing touches stand out on a vehicle. Areas like the windshield cowl can sometimes be tedious to fully apply dressing or protection to, but this aerosol makes it easy.
Spray it into AC vents instead of using a messy brush or an applicator.
But as many of you experienced detailers already know, using it to dress honeycomb grills is where this product earns its place.

Turns ordinary parts:

And really makes them stand out

Gotta love the small details that help set it apart from the rest

Underrated product. Thumbs up in my book.👍🏽

dcjredline
12-17-2015, 10:42 AM
Every engine I do gets a spray of this. It makes the covers black and shiny without ANY greasy feel or look. I have at least 4 bottles at all times. GREAT stuff

BTLew81
05-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Can you spray into an applicator and then wipe on?

VISITOR
05-03-2017, 03:28 PM
how does it compare to this...
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/meguiars-ultimate-black-aerosol-trim-restorer-coming-soon-10.gif

Eldorado2k
05-04-2017, 12:59 AM
Can you spray into an applicator and then wipe on?

No, you can't. It must be sprayed directly onto the surface.

how does it compare to this...
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/meguiars-ultimate-black-aerosol-trim-restorer-coming-soon-10.gif

They're very different products. Personally I do not like that product in your picture^
Ultimate Black Restorer darkens faded trim, but not to the level that D4510 does... Ultimate Black Restorer goes on like more of a clear coating that dries to a extremely resilient coating that's nearly impossible to remove. [that can be a bad thing if you don't love the look it gives] It leaves a more artificial look than D4510, which is another reason I don't really like it.

D4510 leaves a deep dark look with just the right amount of shine and lasts 2-3 weeks on the surface. Smells good too.

VISITOR
05-04-2017, 01:02 AM
^ thanks for the input!

392hemi
05-04-2017, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the review. What kind of durability do you see?

Eldorado2k
05-04-2017, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the review. What kind of durability do you see?

2-3 weeks. You'll notice the difference here between the top parts of the grill which have been applied vs. the very bottom piece of the black plastic grill that hasn't.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/13af9d98b7cff08b4db8128dc8a15028.jpg

robwoodgto
05-04-2017, 05:34 AM
So wiping down after spraying is not necessary?
For those of you who spray air conditioning vents does the product leave any type of residue that will eventually build up and need to be cleaned with a cleaner type product?
Thanks,
Ron

Eldorado2k
05-04-2017, 07:26 AM

Nope, I never wipe it down. I think that would mess things up, possibly smear the finish.

robwoodgto
05-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Thanks. I just remember years ago using armor-all on everything and eventually the surface would become sticky and you would have to use an apc or windex to get it off only to reapply it once again. My dad use to tell me I was an idiot for spraying that crap on my dash because it would cause it to crack and he was right.

Ron

The Guz
05-04-2017, 11:28 AM
For those of you who spray air conditioning vents does the product leave any type of residue that will eventually build up and need to be cleaned with a cleaner type product?
Thanks,
Ron

It's not necessary but it helps level it out nicely. A light buff will not have any adverse effect on it. It also helps to wipe off any overspray on the surrounding areas. Expect about 2 weeks of longevity.

fly07sti
05-04-2017, 12:59 PM
I personally love this stuff! I buy it by the case. I also will wipe it down sometimes. Just depends on what it's getting used on. As Eldo stated, it really gets those details which make such a huge difference with minimal effort.

fightnews
05-04-2017, 03:17 PM
I think ill go buy 200 dollars worth so I can get their free crappy apron that only has 2 tiny pockets and isnt even microfiber.

Eldorado2k
05-04-2017, 03:36 PM
@robwoodgto. This stuff doesn't exactly dry to the touch in most cases... Just sayin so you don't go spraying in on your dashboard. It's better suited for areas you won't touch.