PDA

View Full Version : black mbz swirl marks

cdsjklee
09-28-2007, 11:55 AM
I have Black 04 mercedes. It has quite a lot of swirl marks and some scraches. Can any one recommend how to ploish to remove the swirl marks,
I bought porter cable 7424. used mcguirl's and did not worked out, what product do you recommend. Is menzerna product O.K which one should I use?
Thanks in advance

6LS2
09-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi there. What Meguiars products did you try? Have you thought about buying some Pinnacle XMT polishes? Menzerna is also a great line.. Do you have any pictures of your paint?

cdsjklee
09-28-2007, 12:48 PM
I do not have pictures but I used the mc fine cut cleaner #2 and show car glaze. pc 7424 with orange pad. It looked ok but when i look at the car in sunlight it shows more of fine scraches and swirl marks are still there.
I just visited autogeek wep site. I may want to try merzerna super intensive polish po83Q and german deep gloss combo what do ypu think about it. or should i buy the xmt intermediate swirl remover kit.

thanks jason

supercharged
09-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I have Black 04 mercedes. It has quite a lot of swirl marks and some scraches. Can any one recommend how to ploish to remove the swirl marks,
I bought porter cable 7424. used mcguirl's and did not worked out, what product do you recommend. Is menzerna product O.K which one should I use?
Thanks in advance
Did you say you are using mcguirl's??? :Dthen no wonder you can't get the swirls out...
You trully need Menzerna NANO polishes - SIP and PO106FF.

Dust2Glory
09-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Did you say you are using mcguirl's??? :Dthen no wonder you can't get the swirls out...
You trully need Menzerna NANO polishes - SIP and PO106FF.

:iagree: u can't go wrong with the SIP and 106ff.... guarantteed results:buffing: use orange and white ccs pad

THENIZZZEIL
09-28-2007, 11:13 PM
:iagree: u can't go wrong with the SIP and 106ff.... guarantteed results:buffing: use orange and white ccs pad

ditto

TOGWT
09-29-2007, 02:51 AM
Super Intensive Polish (PO83Q) SIP will remove 2000 grit, cut 3.5 – gloss 3.0 (primed Orange LC CCS foam pads)

Nano Polish (105FF) will remove 2500 grit, for light surface marring and / or surface finishing, cut 2.5 - gloss 5.0 for LSP ready use a primed White LC CCS foam pad

These polishes are formulated with diminishing abrasives that require friction heat to enable them to breakdown, and are normally used with a high-speed Rotary polisher.

If your going to use a PC use a 4-inch pad (less surface area than a 6-inch + and therefore more fiction heat is available

THENIZZZEIL
09-29-2007, 03:27 AM
Super Intensive Polish (PO83Q) SIP will remove 2000 grit, cut 3.5 – gloss 3.0 (primed Orange LC CCS foam pads)

Nano Polish (105FF) will remove 2500 grit, for light surface marring and / or surface finishing, cut 2.5 - gloss 5.0 for LSP ready use a primed White LC CCS foam pad

These polishes are formulated with diminishing abrasives that require friction heat to enable them to breakdown, and are normally used with a high-speed Rotary polisher.

If your going to use a PC use a 4-inch pad (less surface area than a 6-inch + and therefore more fiction heat is available

id have to agree on that heat part...but man 4" means ur gonnna be doing alot of work stilll...but mor eeffective...u dont have to do so many passes...however if u have a rotary...

pc + polish = X

rotary + polish = 1/3X

1/3X = :righton:

MrBenz
09-29-2007, 05:34 AM
I purchased a used Benz that had 10 years of swirl marks...used the Menzerna products and can say the results were nothing short of spectacular....I also started out with Meguiars...listen to these guys on the forum and you can't go wrong. My reasoning was German car, German polish. Great combination!

cdsjklee
09-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the info.
I ordered
Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106FF, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and
XMT360. I hope It works. Any suggestions Or guide to use this products?
Do I have to allpy any type of wax after sealant?

thanks Jason

cdsjklee
09-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Hello again Do I need SIP also?
Nano polish will not remove swirl marks?
Actually I took My car to local detail shop about 2 month ago to polish and remove swirl marks . It looked very good when I pick up the car but after carwash swirl marks are still trere and I see more of fine scraches in bright daylights. Inside of garage and shadeed areas i do not see those fine scraches. Is it called marring or something.

cdsjklee
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi Thanks for the info.
Do you think I need SIP also Will nano polish work?
Actually I took My car to local detail shop about 2 month ago
to remove swirl marks and polish the car. When I pick up r=the car it looked really good but after I washed car couple of times I noticed that swirls mark are still there and now I have more very fine scraches going up and down left and right all over the car. when I parked the car in shaded area I do not see those lines of scraches but in bright sunlight it loos really bad, Like I have checkerd pattern car. So I decide to polish myself and I guess I bought the wrong products. Guys any help will be very appreciated Helppppppp!

Thanks Jason