PDA

View Full Version : G15 maintenance

ct18
12-16-2015, 08:53 PM
does anyone know what type of maintenance is needed to do on this. I noticed the silicone tube that came with the machine but don't know what to do with it. Thanks

Joe@NextLevelDetail
12-16-2015, 09:07 PM
The silicone grease tube is for the backing plate, if you take it off you will feel its greasy. That is because the rubber shroud (the rubber thing with the holes) makes contact with the backing plate causing friction.

Griots reccomends adding the grease to the plate every 24 hours of polishing or so I don't remember the exact hour estimate.

However if you use the washer mod that bypasses the need to re-lube your plate as the washer makes no contact with no shroud.

However I don't know if they changed it yet. The washer mod they sent to you (if it was the same one I got) Is too thin to completely space its self from the shroud, you will need to call up griots EXCELLENT customer service and they will send you another.

Just add the other one they sent you and your good to go.

Anymore question about the machine just ask or message

ct18
12-16-2015, 09:40 PM
i found that out about the washer so i put on another that is thicker now we are free spinning. thanks for the info

ski2
12-17-2015, 12:11 AM
The only maintenance you should do is apply the Silicone grease if needed and change the brushes when needed -- there are instructions in the owners manual for both--and of course keep the vents clean etc. But, if you open the case for any reason you will most likely void the warranty.

Mfour
12-18-2015, 12:53 PM
great info thanks

EzyBrzy
12-18-2015, 01:46 PM
My G15 came with 2 washers. I tried one and then ended up using both later, but didn't notice too much of a difference. Somehow, while I was cleaning the pad on the fly, one of the washers popped out? Maybe missed one when I went to put the BP on. Fiddled with it to make sure it was secure and straight. . .

ct18
12-18-2015, 02:07 PM
I also had issue with washers. i have a stainless washer installed now and it spins free.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
12-18-2015, 02:19 PM
My G15 came with 2 washers. I tried one and then ended up using both later, but didn't notice too much of a difference. Somehow, while I was cleaning the pad on the fly, one of the washers popped out? Maybe missed one when I went to put the BP on. Fiddled with it to make sure it was secure and straight. . .

You have to make sure the plate and bolt are lined up, you will feel it kind of "drop in"

EzyBrzy
12-18-2015, 03:09 PM
You have to make sure the plate and bolt are lined up, you will feel it kind of "drop in"

Yeah, I finally got it after messing with it for a while. The one part where it screws in kept spinning so I couldn't line it out correctly lol