PDA

View Full Version : I mixed DG501 with Menz PO106 (old designation)

Paul A.
12-16-2015, 07:14 PM
The old rule is to never mix 2 different products on the same pad. Some take this to the extreme and have product specific pads. While i'm not that meticulous I do understand that practice well and conform to it myself i.e. change out to a fresh pad if your changing products.

I had a friend stop by today with his 2008 Caddie SRX. While we were talking i asked if he minded if i tried something on his car. "That old thing? Of course not! Have at it"!

I recently found an old bottle of Menzerna PO106FF which might be equivalent to the new 3500? Not sure about that but i remember the PO85RD was even finer at the time. I took a white hybrid pad and my rotary and put a bead of 106 around the perimeter of the pad. Then took some Duragloss 501 and did the same thing and worked it up and then down at speeds 600-1000-1400-600. Wow!

Now i know, some will find something wrong with that but the results were astounding. I have always wanted a little more "bite" out of 501 so i simply tried something wacky.

As it is, i always dedicate a pad to a product. My approach is that i want to use a product that the chemical engineers have created to do the job intended.

But i have wanted to try this and the wife's car wasn't home! A willing guinea pig showed up and he was amazed. I ended up doing the whole car!