PDA

View Full Version : Misuse of acidic wheel cleaner

chuckk
12-15-2015, 10:22 PM
I was able to get some wheels for a bargain after the previous owner tried to wash them with the wrong wheel cleaner. I see things like this happening way to much. You never want to use an acid wheel cleaner for clear coated wheels. People think any kind of wheel cleaner will work on any type of wheels.

Pretty much all of the clear coat was totally hazed up. After spending 4 hours trying to bring them back to shine here are the results. There was so much clear coat residue on my pads it was scary.

They're not 100% perfect but im happy with the results and will be keeping those xxr for the winter!

Eldorado2k
12-15-2015, 10:59 PM
What kind of acidic wheel cleaner was used? And at what dilution?

chuckk
12-16-2015, 03:16 AM
I can't tell, last owner said it was something for wire type wheels. Dilution ? He's the kind of guy who goes into an automatic contact car wash. Probably didn't dilute the product...

Eldorado2k
12-16-2015, 05:46 AM
He's the kind of guy who goes into an automatic contact car wash. Probably didn't dilute the product...

Doesn't sound like the type of person who buys professional/bulk product that would require diluting.

Maybe the problem occurred with leaving the product on too long on a hot wheel..
When used properly, Wheel Brightener works great on clear coated wheels. I use it all the time and have never had a problem.

FinishingTouchA
12-16-2015, 08:57 AM
Doesn't sound like the type of person who buys professional/bulk product that would require diluting.

Maybe the problem occurred with leaving the product on too long on a hot wheel..
When used properly, Wheel Brightener works great on clear coated wheels. I use it all the time and have never had a problem.

:iagree: