PDA

View Full Version : Applying Sonax PNS with polisher?

Vitabrew
12-15-2015, 10:11 PM
I tried Sonax Polymet Net Shield for the first time and like it but found it was a chore to apply and remove as it has a sticky/gummy feel to it. I applied it using one of those regular yellow hand held foam pads, but was wondering.... would it be easier to apply using my Flex 3401 with a no cut polishing pad, or is that just overkill? Is is possible the tackiness of the PNS may actually cause marring of the paint or rip up the pad if used with the Flex?

Souldetailer
12-15-2015, 10:23 PM
I tried Sonax Polymet Net Shield for the first time and like it but found it was a chore to apply and remove as it has a sticky/gummy feel to it. I applied it using one of those regular yellow hand held foam pads, but was wondering.... would it be easier to apply using my Flex 3401 with a no cut polishing pad, or is that just overkill? Is is possible the tackiness of the PNS may actually cause marring of the paint or rip up the pad if used with the Flex?

PNS is not a slick feeling sealant, but the benefits are worth it.
I believe that a buffer added to the equation would only make it more troublesome. That is my own opinion and I have no proof other than my gut feeling. If you decide to try it, please let us know the results. Take care.:buffing:

Peace,

Darrin

Sicoupe
12-15-2015, 10:48 PM
I tried Sonax Polymet Net Shield for the first time and like it but found it was a chore to apply and remove as it has a sticky/gummy feel to it. I applied it using one of those regular yellow hand held foam pads, but was wondering.... would it be easier to apply using my Flex 3401 with a no cut polishing pad, or is that just overkill? Is is possible the tackiness of the PNS may actually cause marring of the paint or rip up the pad if used with the Flex?Ive only applied it with the yellow foam pads and worked awesome:xyxthumbs:

ski2
12-15-2015, 11:33 PM
There is a thread here by Evan with his application method that many report makes it a snap to apply. Try a search.

Vitabrew
12-16-2015, 12:49 AM
There is a thread here by Evan with his application method that many report makes it a snap to apply. Try a search.
Found Evan's thread, thanks!
It's full of good tips.

MrOneEyedBoh
12-16-2015, 01:39 AM
Why not post it for others, in case it comes up again.

tenblade2001
12-16-2015, 01:46 AM
Why not post it for others, in case it comes up again.

Here you go
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/91202-how-sonax-polymer-net-shield-paint-wheels.html

I would not use the flex. I think you would have micromarring BAD. Evan uses a 450 (I think) I used an 800gsm to apply and 450 to buff. I also have the applicator...didn't like it one bit.

Evan.J
12-16-2015, 03:38 PM
I would advised against using a polisher but I like your ideas though.

7.3powerstroke
12-16-2015, 04:23 PM
I like applying PNS with these...

Buff and Shine Red Foam Wax & Sealant Applicator Pad with Tapered Edge (2 Pack) (http://www.autogeek.net/buff-and-shine-tapered-edge-wax-app.html)