PDA

View Full Version : combination of Carpro Essence & Blackfire Crystal Coat

Rod73
12-15-2015, 11:52 AM
I'm considering using the all in one coating (Essence) and following up with Crystal Coat coating. I'm curious about the experiences of this combination from other forum members?

I do know there was a experiment with a few coatings over Essence. Just wanted to see I'd there's anything I missed before I try it.

Justin at Final Inspection
12-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Let me know how you make out. I may be doing this as well in the next week or two. Either this or the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic coating

Jaretr1
12-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Let me know how you make out. I may be doing this as well in the next week or two. Either this or the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic coating

This is going to be my plan on my Camaro when I get around to it.

Other coatings should be ok with Essence.

stormsearch
12-15-2015, 04:14 PM
Check the other Essence thread, somebody just posted that Blackfire was not easy to apply over Essence. Didn't say impossible and might be some work arounds (letting Essence cure possibly).

Justin at Final Inspection
12-15-2015, 06:11 PM
Well my curiosity got the best of me! I polished the deck lid on my GTO with Boss correcting cream then followed it up with Essence on a finishing pad. Then went straight to BF Crystal coat. Was a little difficult to apply but I think it was because of the shelf life of the product.