PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking at shipping a car. Who should I contact?

david b
12-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Exploring the idea of shipping my son's dd when he returns to college after the winter break. Wisconsin to Arizona - gonna be pricey no doubt. Can someone recommend a company?

Thank you!

Jaretr1
12-14-2015, 02:54 PM
Exploring the idea of shipping my son's dd when he returns to college after the winter break. Wisconsin to Arizona - gonna be pricey no doubt. Can someone recommend a company?

Thank you!

Reliable Carriers is one of the biggest.

FUNX650
12-14-2015, 02:58 PM
•Reliable
•Intercity
•Passport
•Tom Sunday
•Angels Moving Autos

Bob

Dylan@RUPES
12-14-2015, 03:03 PM
I've shipped more than a few cars, so I might be of some help.

Unless its a collector car or something you REALLY care about take Reliable and similar big names off the list. Enclosed transport is not only expensive, but necessary for a DD.

One of the easiest ways to ship is to go to use uShip.com to bid the job. You enter the specifics of what it is, where its to be picked up, where its going, enclosed or open, stacked or flatbed, etc... the job is then posted like a classified and you'll receive NUMEROUS bids from transport companies. WI to AZ in a combined transport, open, I bet you can find one for around $1000 or less.

I actually found the transport for my recently sold 1967 C-10 that way. Colorado to Northern California, enclosed, and it was about 30% less than I would've paid thru Reliable. Truck was picked up professionally and delivered in prestine condition. Also sold off my wifes old DD via ebay... shipped to the new owner via an open carrier for only $600.

dcjredline
12-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Another vote for uship. Friend of mine just I'd it and was very happy.

david b
12-14-2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback.