PDA

View Full Version : How the hell

Surfer
09-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Do you forget to load non-nuclear warheads, and load "nuclear" warheads instead ??? "uhhh President Bush, we ummmm, accidentally loaded nukes on the plane, yeh I just forgot figured no biggie" lol.

Commander disciplined for nuclear mistake - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2007-09-05-b-52_n.htm)

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Someone smoked a little too much pot in high school!!!

I almost crapped when I first heard this!

Gary Sword
09-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Such language! :eek: That's old news surfer but kind of scary.

supercharged
09-27-2007, 09:13 PM
how the hell? Shouldn't they check it before the plane takes off...imagine if that plane was highjacked...

Surfer
09-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Such language! :eek: That's old news surfer but kind of scary.shall I wash my mouth dad? :D

Blah blah blah, ok so I missed the news somehow 20 days ago :D lol

Gary Sword
09-27-2007, 09:24 PM
shall I wash my mouth dad? :D

Blah blah blah, ok so I missed the news somehow 20 days ago :D lol

:offtopic: Somebody get Surfer some soap? :p

ryandamartini
09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
it flew off from a secure AF base and the nukes cannot detinate unless properly armed which takes some procedures before the missile would even be loaded.

consider em dead unless properly armed.

kinda blown out of proportion by press to me.

Surfer
09-27-2007, 09:36 PM
it flew off from a secure AF base and the nukes cannot detinate unless properly armed which takes some procedures before the missile would even be loaded.

consider em dead unless properly armed.

kinda blown out of proportion by press to me.Oh I know they wouldn't go off, even if the plane crashed. Just the point of how it happened? I'm just picturing a guy making his rounds and looking over and saying "uhh hey I think were missing some nukes?"

hispeed
09-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh I know they wouldn't go off, even if the plane crashed. Just the point of how it happened? I'm just picturing a guy making his rounds and looking over and saying "uhh hey I think were missing some nukes?"

If you believe the story as it's been told in the press, than you must believe in the tooth fairy too.
There is no way that happened as described. The safeguards involved in the storage and handling of nukes makes this occurrence virtually impossible. Redundancies and backups are the rule in every aspect of the handling of nuclear weapons. These devices can't be "mistakenly" moved across the room let alone loaded on a B-52 and flown from Minot to Barksdale.
Those six bad boys were in the process of being positioned to the mid-east and someone up high up in the USAF called the White House's bluff by leaking the information to the Military Times.
We are living in very scary times my friends.

tonyspop
09-28-2007, 12:47 AM
:iagree:
If you believe the story as it's been told in the press, than you must believe in the tooth fairy too.
There is no way that happened as described. The safeguards involved in the storage and handling of nukes makes this occurrence virtually impossible. Redundancies and backups are the rule in every aspect of the handling of nuclear weapons. These devices can't be "mistakenly" moved across the room let alone loaded on a B-52 and flown from Minot to Barksdale.
Those six bad boys were in the process of being positioned to the mid-east and someone up high up in the USAF called the White House's bluff by leaking the information to the Military Times.
We are living in very scary times my friends.
:iagree:My best friend was a loader of nukes back in the late 60's in Florida.He says impossible,too many safeguards and procedures in place for something like that to happen.:(

Craig
09-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Funny how some things make the news and others don't. When Clinton was in office, he lost, that's right LOST, the nuke launch card.
It's like a credit card with a little code strip. He said " I had it with my Discover card with a gum band around it in my pocket". That wasn't in the news. I wonder why? Maybe it's on Ebay now.