PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaner/Polish/Wax

scott5
12-13-2015, 01:22 AM
The here things I listed in the title I'm curious what you guys are using?

I have a few sets of rims that are pretty bad shape and curious what wheel cleaner you guys are using to break down all the brake dust and neglect that I won't have to spend hours on each wheel.

2nd is the chrome polish. The Borla tips on my vette look like they have never been cleaned. I am looking to get them back to shiny again. I have used "purple" in the past but seeing if anything better is out there.

Last this is first silver car that I have owned. Is there a wax that will make the paint look deep like with the darker vehicles I have owned?

soloswilliams
12-13-2015, 04:02 AM
I have used some chameleon by detail King it's works pretty good and I have use maguiars wheel cleaner also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckk
12-13-2015, 05:06 AM
As for the wheel cleaner the hardest part is to know if your wheels are clear coated. You don't want to use something too aggressive on a cc wheel. Sonax is safe on pretty much all type of wheels. Ive used autoglym custom wheel cleaner with great results also.

I know it's a PITA but take the extra time to clay them and slap a coating/scellant/wax wtv you want. It'll make the next wash easier.

Ebg18t
12-13-2015, 05:31 AM
I use the Sonax Full Effect for dirty wheels.

SONAX Wheel Cleaner, all wheel cleaner, chrome wheel cleaner, aluminum wheel cleaner, full effect wheel cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-wheel-cleaner.html)

The Pinnacle Exhaust cleaner will do a good job on the Borla Exhausr:

Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-exhaust-cleaner-brightener.html)

Goin Rogue
12-13-2015, 07:06 AM
I use Meg's Non Acid Wheel Cleaner and elbow grease for most wheels.

Eldorado2k
12-14-2015, 01:21 PM
I have Meguiars Wheel Brightener and Brown Royal. The Brown Royal is better. Check out those youtube vids. It's what you're looking for.

forrest@mothers
12-14-2015, 10:06 PM
2nd is the chrome polish. The Borla tips on my vette look like they have never been cleaned. I am looking to get them back to shiny again. I have used "purple" in the past but seeing if anything better is out there.

If you have Borla, the tips are not chrome plated, they're polished stainless.

For stainless I'd suggest a lot of speed with a drill of some sort, and a metal polish.

We make an aggressive metal polish (Power Metal Scratch Removing Polish), to followed by Mag & Aluminum Polish, followed by Billet Metal Polish, if the stainless is really beat up. Often times you can get acceptable results with just the Mag & Aluminum Polish, but again, lots of speed with a drill will be your friend.

Good luck.

Mizzoutiger
12-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Wheels - Sonax Full Effect.

Exhaust tips - P21S Polishing Soap w/0000 rust-resistant steel wool. Borla also makes a great "Borla Exhaust Cleaner & Polish" (Google to see good Youtube video)

Wax - Pinnacle Souveran...after decontaminating & polishing paint