PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Armor All?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MikeC78
12-13-2015, 12:00 AM
Curious if anyone uses this stuff anymore and for what? Do you dillute or just throw this crap in the garbage can? I thought I heard a supposed myth a while back, about it actually being counter productive and causing undo wear and cracks on rubber/trim?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Mike

custmsprty
12-13-2015, 12:12 AM
No, haven't used it in years, but rumors are also rumors. I don't think it would still be for sale if the rumors were true. I just use other products that I like better.

VISITOR
12-13-2015, 12:19 AM
rather than toss it, you can always use it for the wheel wells...

jcaustin87
12-13-2015, 12:35 AM
rather than toss it, you can always use it for the wheel wells...

Now thats something I had not considered before...

MikeC78
12-13-2015, 12:35 AM
I haven't used that stuff in a long time. Plus, after using GG undercarriage spray, I could never go back.

Klasse Act
12-13-2015, 07:19 PM
I use it for wheelwell dressing but that's it😜

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Pats300zx
12-13-2015, 07:59 PM
There is a very respected dealer that I know that has been using it exclusively for years.

Eldorado2k
12-13-2015, 08:16 PM
I use it as my lsp.

hogie
12-13-2015, 08:30 PM
Standard armor all is fine, just not the best crap in the world. Honestly, their matte finish interior cleaner/Protectant is really good stuff.

Desertnate
12-14-2015, 08:49 AM
I haven't used it since around 2003. I did see negative effects from using it on the interior of my car and will never use it again.

I saw noticeable graying and drying that seemed to get worse over time. Combine this with the fact I was having to apply the product more frequently over time to hide those effects was really frustrating. That was my cue to toss the stuff and try something else. I've never looked back.

RTexasF
12-14-2015, 09:14 AM
The tire foam works well but I have no use for the other products.

Mantilgh
12-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Wheel wells. :dblthumb2:

I had a customer this summer that keep up his BMW well, and his tires had a nice satin sheen to them. I asked him what he uses and it was ArmorAll. I didn't ask which product it was, but they make a couple. I just wiped them down with no-rinse and left them. They looked great IMO and I didn't want to cause any issues using a different over it.

Legumes
12-16-2015, 12:14 AM
I use it on tires and in wheel wells. Cheap water based dressing that looks good very lightly applied to tires. I apply via foam applicators as lightly as I can to get uniform coverage. Doing it this way results in a clean black tire with no shine to it which I prefer. I've even used it at 50:50 dilution with distilled water and it looks fine to me like that as well.

zvez
12-26-2015, 05:51 PM
I've always used armor but mostly for the tires. I'd apply to the tire leave it for a few minutes and then wipe off. AFter doing this awhile the tire gets a satin sheen to it and has a smoothness which makes it much less susceptible to road grime and brake dust.
I've never seen any factual information that it degrades rubber (well most rubber is synthetic now anyway).

truzoom
12-26-2015, 06:36 PM
If we're talking about the protectant, then it's still OK stuff. It'll work in a pinch. Doubt it'll stay on after a light rain, though.

Their extreme wheel cleaner... I swear is just rebottled Eagle1 A2Z. Works really well on wheels, although I'd be hesitant to use it on anything not clear coated.