PDA

View Full Version : My visit to Cars and Coffee

Guyb
12-12-2015, 11:50 PM
My wife and I made the drive from Kansas down to Stuart for Cars and Coffee.

I was quite surprised by the number of cars that turned out for this monthly event. If anyone has the crazy notion for a road trip, I think any event sponsored by Autogeek.com/PBMG is worth the trip.

Nick provided the group with a warehouse tour after his demo of polishing his exhaust on his WRX. This was like sending a kid into a candy store as I was trying to figure what I would like to buy.

After the tour I got to meet with Mike and see his new office. Talking about his collection of items could be a whole nother post!

My final stop was a visit to the man that makes all this possible, Bob McKee.

Bob my hats off to you. You have one heck of a company. T

hanks to all for taking time with me.

It is treatment like this that keeps customers.

:dblthumb2:

Angus
12-13-2015, 01:38 AM
Nice! Thanks for sharing - post some photos!!

Guyb
12-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Paul from Autogeek has posted pictures of probably every car there on his post to cars and coffee. The Nomad is a sweet looking ride.

Jaretr1
12-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Wow, now that is a road trip! I hope you have Detail Fest on your radar!

Guyb
12-14-2015, 10:53 PM
I have driven 2800 miles so far and not home yet. We didn't take a direct route. I had detail fest on my "to do" list but it appears my regular job will keep me from attending. After this trip gets completed it looks like I'll be posting in what I did detailing related. Been through a few rain showers.

Mike Phillips
12-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Hi Guy!

I was just getting the pictures we took ready to post when Nick sent me an e-mail letting me know you made this post.

It was a real pleasure meeting you and knowing you drove all the way from Kansas to Stuart, Florida just to check out our Cars & Coffee show was greatly appreciated by both Bob and I.

Here's the pictures... first one is of you and Bob in his office,

http://www.marine31online.com/gallery/data/526/Guy_at_Autogeek_01.jpg

And here's us in the Show Car Garage!

http://www.marine31online.com/gallery/data/526/Guy_at_Autogeek_02.jpg

I know you said you couldn't make it to Detail Fest this year due to a schedule conflict but keep us in mind for 2017

:xyxthumbs:

Guyb
12-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures. My round trip was 3243.7 miles as I didn't go the most direct route. Had to stop off in Destin on the way down then cut across the top to Jacksonville and down. Guess I should have had a cup of coffee there. Guess I'll do it next time I come for a cars and coffee!

PaulMys
12-25-2015, 11:17 PM
So cool you made that trip, Guyb!

My (immediate) bucket list includes a trip down I-95 from NY to Florida to an AG event. :)

DetailGroove
12-26-2015, 03:37 PM
Haha, that sounds like a really fun experience.

I'll probably head down to Florida to visit AG this year :)

Guyb
12-26-2015, 06:09 PM
It is worth the drive. I plan on doing it again when I can. Can't make it to detail fest though due to my job.