PDA

View Full Version : Water tanks

DJohnson941
12-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Hi I just started my own Mobile Detailing Business and I'm about to purchase a water tank for my trailer. Where do you guys fill your tanks up at? 275 gallons is a lot of water and I would at my house but I have well water. Any ideas would help

Goin Rogue
12-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Is the tank 275 gallons? That is a lot, how many cars do you wash?

Muddyoldgoat
12-12-2015, 07:55 PM
I fill mine up at my house. Our city water is extremely hard so I run it through a RO/DI system.

DJohnson941
12-12-2015, 07:59 PM
I figured that would be to much. It was offered at a good price. I do about 2 cars a day at the moment until I get busier. What size would you recommend?

DJohnson941
12-12-2015, 08:01 PM
And Muddyoldgoat I was looking into one of these systems but the ones on here have bad reviews. Where did you purchase yours? And how well does it work?

Muddyoldgoat
12-12-2015, 09:07 PM
And Muddyoldgoat I was looking into one of these systems but the ones on here have bad reviews. Where did you purchase yours? And how well does it work?

I sent you a PM with more info.

Ricorocks
12-12-2015, 09:09 PM
RO/DI seem overkill for hard water. Buy a water softener & test kit, fill your tank...

Muddyoldgoat
12-13-2015, 10:15 AM
RO/DI seem overkill for hard water. Buy a water softener & test kit, fill your tank...

Water softeners replaces calcium and the other hard minerals with salt. The salt still causes water spots but it is easier to remove.

My city claims water TDS at 444 but I've seen it as high as 480. The RO/DI takes my wash water down to 0 TDS. I can count on not having water spots which saves me time so it's well worth it in my book.

jarred767
12-13-2015, 10:22 AM
I fill mine up at my house. Our city water is extremely hard so I run it through a RO/DI system.

I have found that my new city has quite hard water too and lots of sunny hot days in the summer (plenty of water spots from sprinklers). I'm thinking of maybe getting an RO/DI system at some point down the line for my shop to simply make my life easier. I'm guessing you like your system by the sounds of things, what's the name of it? You can PM if you don't want to post it in here. Thanks!

Ricorocks
12-13-2015, 01:52 PM
The other metal besides Calcium is Magnesium. True TDS is lowered by RO & DI units, but this (RO DI) is much more aggressive, on metal & perhaps LSP's. I've not seen or noticed, water spotting due to "salt" from softwater.