PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars MT310 DA polisher.

Buracho
12-12-2015, 02:32 AM
Anyone here used the MT310? Please share any experience.
Thanks in advance.

Eldorado2k
12-12-2015, 02:41 AM
I don't own 1, but I have used 1 on a few occasions. It's cool, it's not as quiet and smooth as some people would have you believe. But it's got a pretty good overall punch to it. I'd say it's the best of the middle class polishers.

Jaretr1
12-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Look under product reviews. There are several reviews on it there.

I have used it. It is very good tool. It is smoother than lets say a PC7424XP, and it has digital torque management which keeps it rotating even under heavy pressure. Its a solid mid range tool, but no where near the quality and performance of a Rupes or Flex.

The question is reliability and durability, as its made in China. There have been reports of problems with power cords already. The PC on the other hand is nearly bullet proof.

AutowerxDetailing
12-12-2015, 03:37 PM
I have two MT300 polishers. One of them had the cord issue within the first month. We had only used it a couple times before it started having issues. The other one seems to be working fine. They are only rarely used though... we have them outfitted with 3" and 4" backing plates for smaller areas and headlight restoration usage. I don't know how well they would hold up with extended daily use. They get excessively hot too...

For a budget option I think they are a decent choice. Although you can get something like a PC or GG6 for less money and do just as much work. The only thing you really gain from the MT300 vs the "traditional" style DAs is the slow start and trigger style switch vs on/off switch.

StephenK
12-12-2015, 04:07 PM
It may have been technique but about 2 months ago our distributor stopped in the dealership like he does every week. Well he seen i had my brand new GG6 sitting on my table. Of course that made him talk up the MT300. He brought in his MT300 he had been using for about 3 months already. Well long story short. My first go with my GG6 out performed his experienced go with his MT300. Bith used Megs MF pads and D300

VISITOR
12-13-2015, 12:26 AM
It may have been technique but about 2 months ago our distributor stopped in the dealership like he does every week. Well he seen i had my brand new GG6 sitting on my table. Of course that made him talk up the MT300. He brought in his MT300 he had been using for about 3 months already. Well long story short. My first go with my GG6 out performed his experienced go with his MT300. Bith used Megs MF pads and D300

the GG6 is one of the best bang for the buck polishers out today period. it's proven itself over many years along with it's terrific warranty and top notch no BS customer service from GG. one should have no hesitation purchasing one... :xyxthumbs:

The Guz
12-13-2015, 12:46 AM
I'm too lazy to type but here's my thread you can read.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/94929-meguiar-s-mt300-power-cord-issue.html

Buracho
12-13-2015, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the reply and input Guys!
It seems this machine has got issues.
Like @Eldorado2k suggested I am looking for a mid of the range machine.
I am a hobbiest not a professional, I am doing a resto job on our BMW E34 and I will be cutting and buffing after I am done with paint hence my need for a solid and consistent performer machine.
@ StephenK Nicholas@Autowerx and VISITOR We have DAS6 over here not so much of GG and PC.
But If I do buy the machine and experience the "chord" problem I dont mind opening it up and fixing it but the speed adjusting issue is what worries me. I have a rotary that drives me nuts with this problem. So I think I might shell out bit more and get one of the Rupes polishers. Thanks again for the input.