PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz Finest

RABVET
12-11-2015, 02:01 PM
I have a new car on order and plan on having a detailer apply the CQuartz Finest treatment and Expel in certain areas of concern as soon as it arrives.

I've read that it has an amazing shine along with a very durable finish that last about 2 years?

My question is what can I apply on my own after the 2 years to continue the benefits of this process, or, will it have to go back to the detailer to be re-done?

Thank you

zmcgovern45
12-11-2015, 02:05 PM
I have a new car on order and plan on having a detailer apply the CQuartz Finest treatment and Expel in certain areas of concern as soon as it arrives.

I've read that it has an amazing shine along with a very durable finish that last about 2 years?

My question is what can I apply on my own after the 2 years to continue the benefits of this process, or, will it have to go back to the detailer to be re-done?

Thank you

You can absolutely maintain it on your own.... and with good care, the coating will definitely exceed 2 years. The product is just warranted for 2 years.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/AttentiontoDetailingPeoria/12339154_619287884876001_8386745445599451563_o_zps hrs8bmjm.jpg

For maintenance, wash the vehicle with CarPro Reset (or other high quality shampoo of your choice) using the 3 bucket wash method. Depending on your environment, you may find the vehicle needs to be decontaminated from time to time... IronX is usually all that is needed every year or so. You may also wish to apply a quick detailer or spray sealant on top of the coating for added protection, slickness, and gloss after washing. My personal favorite is simply Meguiar's D156 (super cheap and easy to use!), however CarPro will recommend their Reload spray (which I used to love, but have had issues with their constant revision of the formula).

That's really all there is to it. Keep the vehicle clean. Decontaminate as needed. Add extra protection if you wish.

(I am a Finest installer)

zmcgovern45
12-11-2015, 02:07 PM
The only reason you would go back to the detailer is when the vehicle needs to be corrected again to remove any swirls and imperfections that may have been created.

CQuartz Finest Application (Time Lapse Approx 1 Hour) - YouTube

This correction process will remove, or at least degrade, the coating and a new layer will need to be applied.

RaskyR1
12-11-2015, 02:53 PM
What Zack says! :)

The coating will last "at least" 2 years, but with proper care it should last well beyond that. Regular and proper washing is key for any coating. :props:

firecorgi
12-11-2015, 03:34 PM
Rab,

Just had my new Tundra done with exactly what you are looking to do, back in July. Well worth it and maintenance is a breeze. The gentlemen above gave you the blueprint for success.

Steve