PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed + WDGPS?

wn1998
12-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Can I layer Wolfgang over speed? If so, do I need to give the speed any cure time or can I apply soon after I wipe off the speed (speed applied with PC and white LC pad) WGDPS would be applied by hand.

I just want the longevity of wolfgang and the minor correction with speed.

I already have wolfgang that is why I don't want to buy Poxy......

EzyBrzy
12-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Go with HD Polish then. Speed has HD Poxy in it which is a hybrid wax. Pretty sure general consensus is that you top wax over sealant not the other way around.

jms493
12-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Sealants need to bond with the surface of the paint to be effective. Sealants work best with a clean surface.

FUNX650
12-10-2015, 01:57 PM
•I may be wrong, but:

1.) I'm going to say that 3D's HD Speed
is a Hybrid AIO (Cleaner Wax/Sealant).

2.) Many people will top AIOs, with
(more) dedicated LSPs, for a variety
of reasons.

•Then...(Taking the above points under advisement):
1.) Your choice to "top" this AIO w/WDGPS, or not.

2.) :idea:
You could first try the "topping method" on
1/2 of a panel; call it, for argument's sake:
"products' compatibility test". :)

Bob

emmjay
12-10-2015, 04:24 PM
They say if you are using speed, its best to top with HD poxy.

Synergistic compatibility and what not.

For that reason alone I picked up both Speed and Poxy during the black friday sale.

Now, WGDPS may work...but i don't know if it will bond fully. With Speed, Poxy will defintitely bond for the reason stated above. I too wanted to top Speed with Menzerna Powerlock but decided to go with Poxy.

emmjay
12-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Copied from Autopia - A post by David Fermani of HD Car care :)

This should explain why Speed is topped with Poxy...
"Speed actually does and can be classified as several things...

AIO / Final Polish / Cleaner Wax / Glaze / Sealant / Gloss Enhancer

And yes, it certainly can cut/level defects without filling. In fact at this year's Detail Fest I demonstrated it by removing 3000 grit sand scratches from a black hood in about 10 seconds. At SEMA I was using 1500 grit sandpaper. It just took longer.

HD Speed is a combination of 75% HD Polish & 25% HD POXY. The abrasives are identical in both products, there's just less of them in HD Speed. Durability can vary greatly with Speed based on environment & washing variables. We actually use Speed on almost every dealer car that we work on and find that it lasts longer when you leave it to sit on the surface after polishing. It allows the polymers to link up creating a stronger bond. You basically buff the entire car and don't wipe any of the residue off until the end. Give it a try..."

He then follows up with this

"Feel free to top Speed with POXY and/or HD Express. Both are easy to use and work great. Even outside in the sun. I actually use Express after ever time washing as it only takes a few minutes to smear some aver the finish and wipe it off."

VISITOR
12-10-2015, 04:36 PM
if you're going to top it with something other than a spray wax, might as well use a dedicated polish and then your lsp...

wn1998
12-11-2015, 08:37 AM
anyone want to trade a unopened bottle of speed for some HD polish?