PDA

View Full Version : Compressor or not?

StephenK
12-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Need some opinions. I am trying to decide if i really need an air compressor or not. My thought was to just get a Metro blower to take care of any situations i may need to use compressed air in. Example blower out from under seats, leaves and dirt from under hood, cleaning MF pads during use etc...... I know the blowers are usually used to help dry the vehicles off and get water out of the cracks so i was wonder if these would be to powerful to use inside car or to blow out pads? Also would you guys recommend one of Metro's vac n' blo units or get seperate vacuum and seperate blower? Thank you for your time and knowledge

GSKR
12-08-2015, 08:33 PM
I don't have a product addiction so I use what I have.If I have to buff out a 737 with a pc by myself so be it.so that being said I tried the blower and it's a got to have machine.You will need a compressor as well for door panel pockets,console area,seat tracks,and seat crevices.although the both do the same purpose,but a compressor gives you pinpoint accuracy.

808_detail_nut
12-09-2015, 03:40 PM
I don't have a product addiction so I use what I have.If I have to buff out a 737 with a pc by myself so be it.so that being said I tried the blower and it's a got to have machine.You will need a compressor as well for door panel pockets,console area,seat tracks,and seat crevices.although the both do the same purpose,but a compressor gives you pinpoint accuracy.

Agreed, also to clean your pads you will need a compressor. You need that pin point air flow to blow out the residue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FinishingTouchA
12-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Tornador!

**Drops Mic**

808_detail_nut
12-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Tornador!

**Drops Mic**

That's next on my list when I upgrade my compressor. Lol. Been wanting one for a long time.

FinishingTouchA
12-09-2015, 03:57 PM
That's next on my list when I upgrade my compressor. Lol. Been wanting one for a long time.

I had a VX5000 for nearly 2 years, it hasn't even been plugged in since day 1 of owning the Tornador Black... Scratch that, I plugged it in to show my employees what an inferior machine it is. :laughing: JK, I know steam has it's place, but imo not in a production environment.

808_detail_nut
12-09-2015, 04:00 PM
I had a VX5000 for nearly 2 years, it hasn't even been plugged in since day 1 of owning the Tornador Black... Scratch that, I plugged it in to show my employees what an inferior machine it is. :laughing: JK, I know steam has it's place, but imo not in a production environment.

And I just bought a dupray super inox [emoji51]!!!! Lol. I love that machine but I know the tornados is a awesome tool to have.

DeansDetailing
12-09-2015, 05:10 PM

Do you need to use special enzyme tablets in the Tornador or can one use any interior cleaner?

FUNX650
12-09-2015, 07:48 PM
I like having an air compressor.
They are so versatile.

Bob

7PaintGuns
12-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Tornador!

**Drops Mic**

We have one of these at work. The old guy from cleanup used to use it all the time but he was a professional detailer. The new idiot never touches it. I've never used it before I thought it was just for cleaning headliners

LSNAutoDetailing
12-09-2015, 08:44 PM
I love my metro vac & blow. I do use it for both vac and blowing... Blowing out between the seats, under the seats, etc...

Having said that, I also love and use my Tornador Black. So as others have said, an air compressor will come in handy for a lot of uses.

StephenK
12-09-2015, 08:59 PM
When using the tornador how big of a compressor is needed and how many p.s.i.

FinishingTouchA
12-10-2015, 12:05 AM
Do you need to use special enzyme tablets in the Tornador or can one use any interior cleaner?
I just use APC at 10:1 .. My only recommendation is use in a well ventilated area. (Well, not my only recommendation, but that's my tip for the day:props:)

We have one of these at work. The old guy from cleanup used to use it all the time but he was a professional detailer. The new idiot never touches it. I've never used it before I thought it was just for cleaning headliners
Haha, such a versatile tool, once you understand it's power it will change detailing forever

When using the tornador how big of a compressor is needed and how many p.s.i.
They advertise a 4.5 CFM requirement. It all depends on how heavy you'll be using it. Also helps if you have a bigger tank. I had a little old 20 gallon Speed-Aire that I want to say put out 5 CFM and I never had any issues. Now I have a commercial 12 CFM Champion with a 60 gallon tank :buffing:

808_detail_nut
12-10-2015, 12:56 AM
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Husky-33-gal-Quiet-Portable-Electric-Air-Compressor-C331H/203995169?cm_mmc=SEM%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-PLA-BT3-Husky-D25T-Tools%7c&gclid=CKvUvbPN0MkCFQoSfgodRUMNnA&gclsrc=aw.ds

seen this one and since it's quiet then I think I can get away with it in my neighborhood. 78db is not bad.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk